Default About Pendulo studios

Hey,

I'm wondering about the business aspects of your company.
    How did you start up Pendulo studios and get funded to work on Runaway, facing the hard reality of the "dying" genre of adventure games ?

For me, at first when Runaway only came out Pendolu were these anonymous game developers from south america, but now I admire and respect your success. Speaking of success, how successful commercially was Runaway 1 ?

And last, what tips do you have for new adventure game developer companies at the very start of their business ?

Oded
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

Default Re: About Pendulo studios

I would like to know: How much people you've got in your studios?
    How much of them do the artwork?
    How long do they need to finish one level?

And my questions, too ;D:
    How much did it cost to produce Runaway 1 and 2 ? (according to soundguy's question)
    What's the work climate in your company like and what people develop Runaway and further games? Are you those caffeine junkies and "my life is the computer"-people, those people with too much fantasy or just a mix? Are you those allround developers where everybody does everything (beside the official splitting of yourwork) ?

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy
    Hey,

I'm wondering about the business aspects of your company.
    How did you start up Pendulo studios and get funded to work on Runaway, facing the hard reality of the "dying" genre of adventure games ?

For me, at first when Runaway only came out Pendolu were these anonymous game developers from south america, but now I admire and respect your success. Speaking of success, how successful commercially was Runaway 1 ?

And last, what tips do you have for new adventure game developer companies at the very start of their business ?

Oded
    Hi Oded,

You see, Pendulo started as a group of friends developing an amateur adventure game that made its way to the shelves and did pretty well. The game's name was Igor Objective Uikokahonia. When we started the genre was not "dying" yet, but short after it showed symptoms of very bad health. We were not happy campers but we fought to keep on working and here we are. By the way, we are not located in South America, but in Spain.

In terms of sales, Runaway did pretty well. And extremelly well in certain territories. I think Runaway took by surprise to a bunch of publishers who didn't believe in adventure games anymore.

Tips? Passion and quite a lot of patience. Things are VERY TOUGH at the beginning. Good luck though!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNinja
    I would like to know: How much people you've got in your studios?
    How much of them do the artwork?
    How long do they need to finish one level?
    Inside the office we are eleven or twelve people at the moment. There are many people involved with the art of the game. Can you be more specific please?
    Well, if you have played R2 you'll notice how some levels or chapters are much much longer than others, so that's a pretty hard question to answer.

I've played a preview version of Runaway 2 but it didn't have any voices yet. I liked the graphics, the silly conversations and the whacky puzzles! Here in the Netherlands we have to wait until January for the game to be published so I will not be reading the other threads to avoid spoilers.
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!