Thread: Planet Trantor

Default Planet Trantor

Hello Pendulo Studios,

Congrats to finally publishing Runaway 2, was nice to play, although it had problems. (Well I needed 12 hours to install and run it. But it was worth the trouble.) I guess many of the problems arose from the fast publishing that DTP/anaconda made in the German Localisation.
    Is there a chance that you demand a copy of the final localised goldmaster before publishing takes place, so that you can make some quality assurance? Would be nice to have games that do not need any patches.

Actually while the cutscenes after chapter 6 I thought that the game is finally starting with the action story, but to my amazement, the game finished. Afterwards I was joking that Runaway 2 is just the opposite of Dreamfall, it has many puzzles but litte story, whereas Dreamfall had a nice ans long story but almost no puzzles, it was rather an interative movie.
    Hope, Runaway 3, or whatever it will be called, gets the balance again and we have a nice story with some genuine puzzles.

Actually, I was wondering about that internet adress Prof.Simon was talking about at the end of chapter 4.
    When will it go online ?

I thought that the rest of runaway2 is going to be published over that webpage in weekly episodes. After all R2 ends like a seasons finale of a TV series, with somewhat of a cliffhanger. Is there a chance that smtg. like that happens?

My Best Wishes,
    chip273

Default Re: Planet Trantor

Thanks for your comments chip. I think the trantorians have that website under maintenance. You'll have to check it often to see if it's working.

You're right about the cliffhanger. That was exactly our idea for the end, however you won't see Runaway 3 as weekly episodes on a web, but rather as a whole new game.

Thanks again.