Thread: About Bone

Default About Bone

Two questions:

1) What are the improvements you made on the first two episodes?

2) Is the third episode really "coming soon"? Are you going to base it on Eyes Of The Storm or are you combining two or more books?

Default Re: About Bone

We're really excited about releasing updated versions of the first two Bone games. Both games now support multiple resolutions, and there are some other little technical kinks that we have been able to work out. Content wise, there's a great new opening cutscene in Boneville that I think everyone's going to really like. We also have re-recorded Thorn and updated her model to look like the one from Cow Race (which we liked better).

Other than that there are little touches here and there in both games where we added new lines or sound effects or other small things to make the story flow more smoothly. Jeff Smith (Bone creator) is really happy with the results, and so am I.

We've said in the past that future chapters of Bone may combine multiple books together, so that there may not be a total of nine games at the end. We've already done this, actually, when we moved part of Out from Boneville into Cow Race. Making a game based solely on "Eyes of the Storm" would be very challenging and I think we will get a better game experience by combining it with at least part of "Dragon Slayer".

Sounds really cool Heather. I've literally been waiting at least a month for them!

Quote Originally Posted by numble
    Sounds really cool Heather. I've literally been waiting at least a month for them!
    I know we've had some (unfortunately) unavoidable delays. But you'll get 'em real soon! I promise!

HLL

Thanks, Heather. ;D

These updates, will they be in patches, or will I have to redownload? I'm especially excited for the update for the Great Cow Race, as I experienced a point where I could not go further (I think because of switching between the Bones at odd points).
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

It uses the updated engine so I am pretty sure you will have to re-download.

I'm surprised and sad that you couldn't play the game all the way through. I don't know why that would've happened.

I think Disco hit an unlucky logic bug (which should hopefully be fixed now). You will have to redownload, but if you bought the games from us already, you get the new ones for free. I don't know if saved games will work from the old version to the new one.

The currently downloadable Cowrace is already the updated one, right?

--Erwin
    &gt; Learn more about my forthcoming point &amp; click adventure: Bad Timing!<br />&gt; Or... Visit Adventure Developers: Your source for everything related to independent/hobbyist adventure game development!

There was no Cow Race download available yesterday. But both of the Director's Cut games are now up! www.telltalegames.com/bone