Default Sam and max technological and business questions

Hey !

Just finished Sam and max the other day. Although Sam and max have always been my least favorite of all lucasarts adventure games, i'm waiting to see the development of this seires and am curious about the next episode and what's the whole game's arc.

Here are some similar questions to what i've been asking other developers around:

1. What game engine and technologies have you been using to create your games ?
    If you are using your own engine and technologies, how much development effort were put into ground work and infrastructure and how much of it is put into game making ?

2. how did you start up your business, and managed to finance the production Bone and Sam and max ?

3. How much did the production cost and what's the commercial success of your games so far ?
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

Default Re: Sam and max technological and business questions

1. Our engine is a 3-D system we built in-house. It does the work of twenty men! It also has a lot of cool tools for choreographing things, writing interactive dialogs, and keeping the files small enough to download. And it's constantly improving. But the main focus here has always been on making games, and it's the games which drive the development of the engine (it seems a bit silly to me to do it the other way around and build an engine when you don't have any idea what you actually want to do with it).

2. Voodoo.

3. For a game company that's kind of a personal question, like asking a woman her age. So I'll be evasive and say this: we keep the production costs pretty low, and the games seem to be doing well.

The graphics look very good and the interface seems to be very easy to handle (I have not played the game yet). Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrossman
    1. Our engine is a 3-D system we built in-house. It does the work of twenty men! It also has a lot of cool tools for choreographing things, writing interactive dialogs, and keeping the files small enough to download. And it's constantly improving. But the main focus here has always been on making games, and it's the games which drive the development of the engine (it seems a bit silly to me to do it the other way around and build an engine when you don't have any idea what you actually want to do with it).
    The have been games where I wondering if this case had appeared...

@dgrossman: Could you please look into your messages? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tenochtitlan
    The graphics look very good and the interface seems to be very easy to handle (I have not played the game yet). Congratulations!
    Thanks! We try hard on both those counts.