Thread: Production

Default Production

How has production on the Sam and Max episodes been coming along? Is it hectic to be beholden to such a strict release schedule? Since I've heard that multiple episodes are being worked on at once, do you anticipate things getting less hectic with each successive release?

Default Re: Production

and will you be able to your release promises?

Production is always hectic. But yeah, I think more so with these games. Still, things come along remarkably smoothly for what we're trying to do. It's amazing. Kris Kilayko took over the production of the season and she is keeping everything ship-shape. I haven't been personally working on Sam & Max for a little bit now but to me it seems like things come together at startling speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherLee
    I haven't been personally working on Sam & Max for a little bit now but to me it seems like things come together at startling speeds.
    I'll take your thinly veiled hint to ask about what you've been working on besides Sam & Max.
    (Hoping the answer is something besides updating Bone....)

I think the most hectic part is in the middle of the season, when the most episodes are being worked on simultaneously. Which is to say, right about now. But we are managing it, and we are still on track to release things when we said we would. (I realize that in this industry that's a bit unusual.)

And we're refining the episodic production process as we go, so I expect things will only get smoother in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by numble

I'll take your thinly veiled hint to ask about what you've been working on besides Sam & Max.
    That wasn't intended as a hint, but even if it was this is a spoiler free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherLee
    Quote Originally Posted by numble

That wasn't intended as a hint, but even if it was this is a spoiler free zone!
    Ah I know... I was just trying to channel Sam's reaction to Bosco's hinting of something behind the counter in Culture Shock. Couldn't hurt to try. =P

I wouldn't reccomend trying to channel either Sam or Max. It could be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by tenochtitlan
    and will you be able to your release promises?
    Yes, the episodes are on schedule! Episode 2 will be out December 21 on GameTap, and January 5 on Telltale's site.

And the first info, screenshots, etc. for episode 2 will be released VERY soon.