Default The Blackwell Legacy

This game looks and sounds really interesting. The audio and music previews show your teams affinity for sound design. A+

I see this series will be released in episodes, can you give us some ideas of future plotlines in the series?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Default Re: The Blackwell Legacy

Sure. Most of the games will center around New York and New York history. In a small self-serving way, I’m hoping that Blackwell will do for New York what Gabriel Knight did for New Orleans. A number of the Blackwell cases will revolve around some documented unsolved mystery or person. In future installments, you’ll come across references to Joe Gould, the General Slocum cruise ship fire, and a haunted house in the Hamptons. There's also one game that will take place in China.

Cool. I like when fiction give resolutions to real-life unsolved mysteries.

I have another question, this time about the ghost, Joey. Throughout the history of fiction, the mythology of ghosts has varied; some ghost can only be seen in the dark, some can touch and have real life interaction if they concentrate, etc. How are you handling the mythology in Blackwell? What is Joey capable, and incapable of doing?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Joey is Rosa's "connection" to the spirit world. He's the one who talks to wayward spirits and supernatural entities, and Rosa does the legwork. Joey doesn't have much of a physical presence, except to create a slight breeze when he moves. He can move through walls and eavesdrop on people, which definitely helps in various investigations.

Will every episode be a full-time game (a dozen or so games to play) or just something like a Bone or S&M episodes which only taken together makes really "full" game.

Will the story be rather standard (for computer gaming) detective one (with supernatural elements) or do you plan to implement some more mature elements like a necesitty to make difficult ethical decisions for example? (I know, that review of The Shivah rises my expectations )
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Each Blackwell will stand-alone. Think of it as a TV miniseries, where each episode is a seperate story but backstory elements are revealed over time. And yeah, most of the games will involve some supernatural element. Each game will be short, but definitely be longer than the first Shivah (about 3x the length).

There will be some moral/ethical dilemmas involved, although not as heavy handed as the Rabbi Stone games. I am working on two different series because I want to tell two types of stories. The Rabbi Stone games will involve lots of angst and interpersonal relationships. The Blackwell games will be more research and story based.