Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Track7 INTRODUCTION!

Dear all,

My name is Demetris Papadopoulos (Nick:Track7), Product Manager for Theseis,
    And My name is Teddy Triantafillis (Nick: thesniki5) , Marketing and Sales director of Track7games.

Together we will answer to all your questions regarding the game Theseis, to the best of our abilities and as much as we can reveal.

Let us begin by telling you a little of our developing company, Track7 games.

Track7games is a self funded independent game development team, based in Athens Greece, dedicated to creating innovative game play experiences. We serve a global community of enthusiastic gamers who appreciate our commitment to innovation, and above all else entertainment. Exploring the strengths and limitations of modern game creation tools both informs and inspires our unique sensibilities in game design.

Track 7 was established in 2003 and has been in process of putting out our first title ‘’Theseis’’ which will be coming out sometime in 2007. We have attended the past two E3s with great reviews on behalf of our efforts.

A little about Theseis.

A Journey of Heroes
    Andonicos Kalogerou is a man devoted to science and the war against superstition. From his office in the historic centre of Athens, he has worked diligently for more than 5 years, traveling all over Greece and revealing the paranormal for what it truly is: drunken fantasies and uneducated hysteria.
    But his intelligible, safe little world is going to come crushing down when a call from Pheve, his adopted sister and fervent advocate of the mythic, informs him that his step-father is not only missing, but presumed dead as well. With a heavy heart, Andronicos travels to the place of his childhood, high atop the Greek mountains, to bury an empty coffin and reunite with his quarrelsome sibling. Little does he know that each step irrevocably brings him and Pheve closer to what Destiny has in store for them. For the death of their parent heralds the beginning of the greatest struggle between good and evil with the prize being nothing less than the very future of this world.

From the hidden network of caves beneath the Greek metropolis, crawling with the remnants of a bygone age and the treasures of the past, to long lost places of legend all over Greece, Andronicos and Pheve struggle to uncover the pieces of an ancient conspiracy, kept secret through stealth and murder. But what they find could well be just the tip of the iceberg. For beneath the cover of shadows and time, a great power lay dormant, waiting for the time when it will once again come forth to the light of day, back amongst the people where it belongs.
    Awe and dread, humor and split-second decisions, discovery and betrayal, the mythical and the mundane, are all intertwined in this fast paced crossing to the other side, where your only allies are the discarded rumors of ancient folklore, dubious medieval books and above all your wits!
    features
    A griping story that emerges and places you in a Greece full of marvel, danger and back-stage scheming just beneath the surface of everyday life.

- Play with both Andronicus and Pheve as you race against men and monsters to uncover the secret of Theseis.

- Multiple endings according to the decisions made in the game.

- A wide variety of puzzles based on both Greek Mythology and mind-boggling conundrums that captivate the player.

- Colorful characters and localities, ranging from neo-classical buildings to the grim depths of Hades.

- Being created first for PC platform and possibly for next gen consoles.(Xbox 360)

Default Re: Track7 INTRODUCTION!

Hi!

I've seen a movie from your site and could see that a person is running and jumping... It seems the game may be positioned as action/adventure. How much of the action will be there in the game? Will we bi fighting with enemies? If yes, can you describe the process? How much of a Lara Croftish acrobatics will be in the game? Will there be time-limited puzzles?

Hi there Alex,

Yes the game is action/adventure, Tomb Raider was an inspiration on the action part of our game and the action riddles we have. Our characters have full 3d movement and he is free to climb, jump, sneak and swim to overcome certain problems. We also have mind games and riddles, some of them are based on magic and some are realistic. we also have a very innovative inventory system!

Will the player need really good reflexes to path through action riddles? What save system will be - standart pc or a console checkpoint?

Yes the character will be flexible regarding getting through some tough situations and puzzles, the game will have checkpoints in each level, as well as save at any point in the game, EXCEPT for any action levels. Which will be considered as sub levels.

Hope you'll not forget to implement autosave before the start of action level. :-)

You said, that there'll be magic in the game. How the magic will be used: Will we have to make conjurations (f.ex. as it was in "Deathgate"), or we'll be using scrolls or anything else?

well let's just look at Prey's ability!. The game i'm sure you know it. Lets think that Pheve will have this 6th sense that will be able to see things others cannot. Regarding the riddles , their will be heiroglyphic type messages that with this special ability you will be able to again see things others cannot in order to solve it ect.

Hope this covers your question!

You told that the game will have innovative inventory. Can you tell a bit more about it?

well it's all going to be 3d, where you will be able to put things together and work on it again in 3d...like for puzzles, sculpting, ect.

It seems I understand what you mean but aren't you afraid that f.e. sculpting will become a sort of... mmm... pixel-hunting?

Nope we already got it covered. Let me remind you , the game graphics engine is built from scratch from our programmers. It is truly amazing what our programmers have created. A NEW GAME GRAPHICS ENGINE is very important, especially for us as a new Developer straight out of Greece. Believe me, we wouldn't be creating this, without worrying about the pixel-hunting as you call.

Any plans for a playable demo? Any plans for releasing your engine (maybe as commercial product)?

Yes the demo will be completed soon, and a playable demo will be available for donwload from our site, www.theseisgame.com, however i cannot disclose the information on when it will be on. Just consider it one of those marketing schemes.

It seems I haven't ask you about soundtrack. What kind of music will be there in the game? Maybe you'll use some greece folk music? How long the soundtrack will be?

Hmm Tomb Raider is too hard for me. I guess I'll skip this one. But I'm willing to try the demo first, so please make sure it represents the difficulty of the action sequences well.
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    It seems I haven't ask you about soundtrack. What kind of music will be there in the game? Maybe you'll use some greece folk music? How long the soundtrack will be?
    Once again, if you listened to Tomb Raider's soundtrack, then this will be the closest to that. We will be making our soundtrack with a full orchestra team, this means the music will be rich and it will vary with the current locations, or actions in the game. Once again something that Tomb Raider has done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by PolloDiablo2
    Hmm Tomb Raider is too hard for me. I guess I'll skip this one. But I'm willing to try the demo first, so please make sure it represents the difficulty of the action sequences well.
    Tomb raider was hard? Well we will try and make it as normal as we can . But let me remind you that when we talk about Tomb Raider we are talking about, environments and stuff. All other elements are very much original regarding Theseis.

Yes, Tomb Raider is too hard. I just cannot run, jump, turn, grab my guns, aim and fire at the same time. Slightly exaggerated, yes, but I have tried and failed miserably to play this game for more than five minutes. I'm just terrible at pressing several different buttons in quick succession. Don't laugh. ;D
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Quote Originally Posted by track7
    Tomb raider was hard? Well we will try and make it as normal as we can . But let me remind you that when we talk about Tomb Raider we are talking about, environments and stuff. All other elements are very much original regarding Theseis.
    You compare the game a lot to Tomb Raider, which makes me think that the first thing one might think once (s)he sees the game is Tomb Raider. So, given that, why a gamer (who doesn't have $100 to spend in games... :) should buy Theseis and not Tomb Raider?

My comment is just this: you talk alot about Tomb Raider, which makes it look like your game isn't original at all. No matter how hard you try, you have two names in the same sentence with one being known by everyone and the other known by none. And yours is not the known one. So it isn't that effectful when you try to convince people that yours is original. This isn't even helped by the videos you have released: beyond having good graphics (and good graphics while make 12-yrs old to drool over the gamebox and go around in school shouting "OMG! My PC ROXZ, LOOK THESE COOL SHOTS!", they won't convince more mature players - especially adventure game players - because those need gameplay) there isn't anything else. Good graphics won't win you the game: Tomb Raider "Angel of Darkness" had much improved graphics when compared to other Tomb Raider games and other games out there. However, the gameplay sucked and made the publisher to drop the deal with Core design and go with another developer for Tomb Raider Legend.

When you talk about your game, just talk what your game offers and leave other games.

Hi Bad Sector,

Just replying to your message regarding what you said about us saying it's like Tomb Raider. Well the only reason i'm mentioning Tomb Raider, is because Tomb Raider has been in the market for years now. And its a name that if you talk about it, people can get the clear picture on what our game kinda looks like. Regarding it being like tomb raider, basically we are not original? Well that's not true, the only thing I can see as being very comparable, are the vast and beautiful environments of different areas. The movements, and the actions are totally different. Once again, good thing you pointed it out, in order for us to explain that people should not consider it another Tomb Raider copy. Cause it's not. It's original in it's own making. I hope you understand now why i mentioned it in previous comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast