Default Questions about "Secret Files 2"

You may use this thread for your questions about "Secret Files 2". Most of the details about this project are still top secret, but we may be allowed to at least answer some of your questions.

For those who are already impatient I'm happy to announce that we will release a first trailer in December this year.

Default Re: Questions about "Secret Files 2"

I wonder how you're planning to connect the two games and what the core of the story will be. Will it again be about Tunguska and the mysteries behind that event or will it just use the first game's name and characters to set up a completely new story about something else (maybe with a comparable background).

How much of the game is already done? Is the story of this new episode 100% complete now?

The story of "Secret Files 2" will not involve the Tunguska subject. It's a new story. But you will meet Nina and Max again and they will also be the playable main characters. We will again try to create a mystery atmosphere that mixes fact and fiction to give you a thrilling game experience.

Will it also involve historical events? Will main heroes visit other countires?

The story of the next game has nothing to do with the Tunguska event. Nina and Max will undergo a completely new adventure. We are sorry, but we cannot go into too much detail, but be assured that the story will again involve much mystery, adventure and suspense.

Will there be any engine improvements in the new game?

Of course we will implement new features into the engine. But we can't say specific things yet. But expect that existing features get better and some (interesting) new features will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    Actually I think the Tunguska engine is one of the few adventure engines that doesn't really need any improvements. I thought it was quite perfect...

Will it also involve historical events? Will main heroes visit other countires?
    Historical events... in some kind yes. And yes, the heroes will again visit many interesting places/countries.

do you plan to make the game a bit longer or at least a bit more challenging compared to the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    Actually I think the Tunguska engine is one of the few adventure engines that doesn't really need any improvements. I thought it was quite perfect...
    Thank you for the compliment We spend quite some time to get to the point where the engine is now (low system requirements, high performance, perfect 2D/3D combination, high visual quality). But I'm quite sure that you will like our improvements once you see them

do you plan to make the game a bit longer or at least a bit more challenging compared to the first one?
    Playing duration is a complicated thing. It's hard to measure in advance and differs strongly from player to player. If you look at Tunguska in retrospect you will notice that there actually was a really *huge* amount of content (graphics, riddles/puzzles, animation). It's not an easy thing to create such qualitative content, but of course we aim to deliver more play time to the player.

Please note that playing time in Tunguska is really playing time - not running around for long times (like in some 3D adventures) or searching pixels.

Regarding the difficulty of the riddles we aim for the same difficulty as in Tunguska. Maybe only a bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Fusionsphere
    If you look at Tunguska in retrospect you will notice that there actually was a really *huge* amount of content (graphics, riddles/puzzles, animation).
    Yeah, that was quite impressive

Please note that playing time in Tunguska is really playing time - not running around for long times (like in some 3D adventures) or searching pixels.
    Thats one of the things I really loved about tunguska. I hate it when there is a screen where you can do absolutely nothing, like in Syberia. I love that game for it's story and atmosphere, but I hated it for walking through empty screens (often severall times...)

I hate it when there is a screen where you can do absolutely nothing, like in Syberia. I love that game for it's story and atmosphere, but I hated it for walking through empty screens (often severall times...)
    on the other hand, i think without those massive backgrounds and landscapes in syberia, there wouldn't be your mentioned atmosphere at all, they're coherent, beautiful and add a lot to the unique atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by kp21
    on the other hand, i think without those massive backgrounds and landscapes in syberia, there wouldn't be your mentioned atmosphere at all, they're coherent, beautiful and add a lot to the unique atmosphere.
    i knew that there would be such an answer

but really I think it would've helped had kate commented on stuff you clicked at. Then you could have filled those empty screens at least with some stuff to click at and kate to comment on, even if you can't interact with the backgrounds.

And I'm not convinced that the atmosphere would've been ruined by more objects to interact with in the first place... the atmosphere stems from being nearly alone in that often quite bizarre world, the lack of NPCs, not just the fact that there are a lot of screens where you can do nothing...

For those who are already impatient I'm happy to announce that we will release a first trailer in December this year.
    Hi,

Is this trailer will be available in English and French also ? If yes, when ?