Default About Penumbra : Overture

We were happy to play Penumbra...
    What release date could you give us about Penumbra : Overture?

Penumbra : Overture will be sold trough downloadable form, or we can wait for the box release?

About how much it will cost?

Default Re: About Penumbra : Overture

Glad you like the tech demo!

Penumbra: Overture will both be available as a download and boxed retai (world wide hopefully)l.

It will cost around €19.99 per episode. This is not 100% decided though.

EDIT: for got to put € on the price

Hello, this is Chris Allcroft, Managing Director of Lexicon Entertainment in the UK< The RRP will vary from each global territory but the average price will be €19.99 p/episode.

Will the time of gameplay of each episode be comparable to stand alone game or an episode will offer just few hours of fun and only when one takes all three together he will have a "real" game?
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

"Will the time of gameplay of each episode be comparable to stand alone game or an episode will offer just few hours of fun and only when one takes all three together he will have a "real" game?"

Each episode will feature around 8 hours of gameplay and will also have its own "ministory". However the first two willl end with cliffhangers so you will have get all episodes to get the full story. It will be a little like Lord of the Rings or The Matrix Triology.

The gameplay will be linear or our decisions will be relevant about ending the game by an other way?

"The gameplay will be linear or our decisions will be relevant about ending the game by an other way?"

We have not yet decided this actually. My personal view is that it is better create one great story then several okay story lines. Most likely it will be a linear story through out the episodes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by frictional_Thomas
    We have not yet decided this actually. My personal view is that it is better create one great story then several okay story lines. Most likely it will be a linear story through out the episodes I think.
    Just because there are many things that a player could make with this physical engine. So maybe the game could have only one ending...but the player would be able to get there by many ways. Not a good idea?

"Just because there are many things that a player could make with this physical engine. So maybe the game could have only one ending...but the player would be able to get there by many ways. Not a good idea?"

Actually, most of the pussles and problem solvings will be able to get thru in different ways by the help of physics. A lot like in the real world. For example: you want to reach something on top of a shelf and there are many ways to get that item. You can stand on a chair, or you can use a broom to smash it down, or maybe try to tip the shelf. A simple example, but this shows a bit on how the physic pussles will work. (same thing with enemy encounter..but thats for later )

I know this...I played Penumbra. But I thought about a difficultier situation. For example to play the game without ever being engaged by the creatures. And by the other way, to fight our way trough with weapons ... or with our ideas. Not every adventure gamer like to fight in the game. Fear is something other ... and I think a player could fear from the game without ever getting in contact with the creatures. This game could be for a FPS gamer and for an adventure gamer too ... but the gameplay could be different. Differ in what the gamer had chosen during the game. Only one Penumbra : Overture but different feeling for everyone...