Default technological and business questions

Hey

It's the same questions i ask all the developers:

1. What game engine and tool did you use to create your game ?

2. how did you start up your business, and managed to finance the production of your game ?

3. How much did the production cost and what's the commercial success of the the game so far ?

4. any tips and advice for us independent developers and start-up game companies ?
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

Default Re: technological and business questions

A difficult topic and one could probably talk hours about your questions. But I'll try to give some answers...

1.) We made the engine ourselves. It also uses some sublicenses from RadGameTools.
    2.) The first months of the Tunguska development were funded by ourselves (the core team). We built a prototype and with that prototype we went to several publishers.
    3.) Production cost is something that we won't talk about in public. But be assured it's way more money than you can spend yourself The commercial success so far is good and on the upper side of your expectations
    4.) Don't be unrealistic. Creating a product for the retail market is a very challenging thing. So you better begin with something smaller. If you think you're good enough it's perhaps better to get hired from an existing team.

Martin I think you missed my question in the other thread. What are you using to render the graphics? 3D Studio? Cinema 4D? Maya?

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy
    Hey

4. any tips and advice for us independent developers and start-up game companies ?
    Make a good concept document and (more important) a game prototype that shows the USP's of your game. What ever you show to a game producer think of the words "grahpic sells the game". For the pitch, its not so important to have a final engine or program code. The producer knows, that your first demo is still a prototype. But if you have eye popping graphics (even as stills) and a good concept that offers new aspects for the genre, then you have good chances to get a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HIddenSanctum
    Martin I think you missed my question in the other thread. What are you using to render the graphics? 3D Studio? Cinema 4D? Maya?
    Hi,

we used 3D Studio Max and some 3rd party PlugIns. But not for the lighting. That's done with MAX' standard lights only.

Ah, ok. Are those Onyx trees or Bionatics?

We used SpeedTree for MAX in the most cases...