Thread: Runaway 2

Default Runaway 2

So, Amazon got me my copy as of yesterday. (Actually, they sent it out punctually on Friday, but since there's no post on Saturdays in Luxembourg and since I worked all the day on Monday, I had to walk to the post office yesterday evening.)

So far, I really like the game. Excellent production values!

Now my question: since the game was co-published with one of the other big German adventure publisher Anaconda, I was wondering what was your role and what was the role of Anaconda.

Also, I've read on some places that Focus (the French publisher) was actually holding the world wide rights of Runaway 2, but I also remember that Crimson Cow were the first publisher to announce Runaway 2 on a game convention a few years ago.

You don't need to reveal any "ugly details"; the general facts would be OK ;D

Cheers,
    LGH

P.S. Georg, it was a great time on the GC 3 years ago. I'm really sorry I didn't make it the last 2 years Do you still remember the photo we did with hamburgers on our heads?

Default Re: Runaway 2

Hey Luc,

yes, those photos... great memories. You should have come and seen the show this year. You might know alot more about The Abbey now if you did

About Runaway 2: I'm not a legal aide in any way, and I might not be up to speed on this matter, but from my understanding in layments terms it's like this: Karsten Otto, founder and Managing Director of Crimson Cow, holds the German Rights to Runaway and Runaway 2. After the success with Runaway 1, he decided to continue to work with DTP for Runaway 2, as we did with some other titles as well.

Our new world-wide and nationwide projects will have no German co-publisher.

Take care,
    Georg