Hi Steve, what sort of work method works for you on a project and what keeps you motivated it through to seeing it to the end? Teams can have regular meetings, etc. to sort through issues and keep up the team spirit but sole developers can find it difficult to see the wood for the trees sometimes (I don't think the answer is to use an axe, either! ).

I know everyone may have their own way of working but there's always something to learn about the way people reach their goals and you have been very successful in producing final products (among them the really fun Nutzo and your book 'Writing for Video Games' - I recently bought it and only a short way through it but a great read so far!). I dread to think of the percentages of people who have dropped projects and those that have successfully followed through (it would be like seeing two people sitting on a see-saw where one was a really grumpy fat woman and the other was a skinny little kid).

When things look daunting how have you gone about tackling them? There are always going to be tasks you want avoid like the plague (or someone with really bad breath, at any rate) and spend more time on areas that hold more interest. How do you overcome this and find the right balance?

Thanks!