Thread: Ankh DS

Default Ankh DS

As far as I can remeber you are developing a DS version of Ankh. Will there be any differences from a PC version?

Default Re: Ankh DS

Hi Alex,

the DS version is not being developed by us (the developers are two companies called Denaris and Visual Imagination), but we will co-publish it with bhv/XIDER. It will be a port of the first Ankh, so it will have the same story and most of the puzzles will be the same. Of course, there will be a lot of adjustments as well - the perspective will be different, the controls have been changed, so you can do everything with the stylus etc. Some of the puzzles will be changed quite a lot and there will be new puzzles designed specifically for the DS...

The game will also have all the original voice-overs from the PC game...

Cheers,

Claas

Will it be interesting for a person who've played the PC game to replay it on DS or are you aming for an auditory who still haven't played the PC version?

While we are mainly aiming at new players, I think it will be thrill for Ankh fans as well to rediscover the story of the first Ankh from a new perspective - while they will have some advantage in figuring out many of the puzzles, they can't expect to breeze through the whole game lightly either!

Is it true that Xider is bringing the DS version to the Netherlands?

I am addicted to my DS and I would love to play Ankh on it. Also: great that the voices are also on the DS versions. Not much of the games I own have that. (actually none )
    Dutch Adventure site: Adventure-Island.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Is it true that Xider is bringing the DS version to the Netherlands?
    I would have to get back to you on that, but it should be released internationally in a similar way as the Ankh PC games... in some cases, it will probably get there much quicker, actually.