Default Igor: Objective Uikokahonia

Hello Pendulo,

This is an excellent chance for me to ask a few things about Igor; Hopefully these questions aren't too intrusive or hard to answer - granted, they are about a very early product of yours.

Firstly, how many members of the staff originally involved in making Igor are still working for Pendulo? If anyone who was involved is answering questions today, I'd also like to hear how it felt like working on a moderately small-budget game back then in the "golden age" and how the "Studios" moniker actually reflected on the office space and working environment back then. It'd also be great to learn what type of tools were used for crafting the game.

Lastly, it would be golden to hear how you feel Igor holds up today compared to your newer products! I personally think it's a fantastic game from a fantastic era of computer gaming.

Thank you for your time,

Default Re: Igor: Objective Uikokahonia

Hi Mortis,

It's nice to talk about our first game. Pendulo was founded by four guys and there are still three of us working with the company. So I would say that the heart of Igor is still beating in Pendulo.

Working on Igor was very very hard because of tough conditions and certainly not a clue about how the game would work or players would like it or not. On the other side, looking back, it was a nice time and we were much younger so we had a lot of energy and time to work without any budget at all. I guess we just had faith in the game.

And I still feel Igor holds up pretty well compared to other games, especially knowing the way it was developed.

That's very interesting to hear!

Young game makers are often very spirited, ceaseless and impressionable with plenty of pop culture in their backpacks, so may I further inquire if you could still recall to us what kind of influences (games, movies, books, genres of art) went into making Igor at the time?

Have you considered to make it freeware so that more fans can play it? I don't know of any edition that is still commercially available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis
    That's very interesting to hear!

Young game makers are often very spirited, ceaseless and impressionable with plenty of pop culture in their backpacks, so may I further inquire if you could still recall to us what kind of influences (games, movies, books, genres of art) went into making Igor at the time?
    Hmm, that's about 13 years ago!!! I'd really have to drink 3 or 4 beers to travel in time and list influences

Quote Originally Posted by DasJan
    Have you considered to make it freeware so that more fans can play it? I don't know of any edition that is still commercially available.
    Yes, we had tought of that but never decided. Well, maybe we'll do it now as it's true it's not available anymore.

Hey Rafa! Glad to see you again. Remember I asked the same thing about Igor last year?
    It was truly a remarkable adventure, I still have many great fond memories of it...
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes
    Hey Rafa! Glad to see you again. Remember I asked the same thing about Igor last year?
    It was truly a remarkable adventure, I still have many great fond memories of it...
    Hey Agustín, it's nice to see you around! Yes, I remember. We'll do think about it.

In fact we decided.