Thread: Gray Matter

Default Gray Matter

Can you tell something more of the last game of Jane Jansen?

www.adventuresplanet.it<br />(Moderator and News)

Default Re: Gray Matter

Do you mean before Gray Matter?
    ANACONDA&#039;s Content &amp; Community Manager<br /><br />The Website: www.anaconda-games.com<br />The Board: http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/index.php

I think he means the next game...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolles
    I think he means the next game...
    Yes: Gray Matter...what else...is a joke?
    ;D ;D
    Well: INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE NEXT GAME ALIAS GRAY MATTER 8)

Heehee,

now I know ...

I can give you a short story introduction:

ENGLISH

Gray Matter is the first adventure game by renowned author Jane Jensen since the release of Gabriel Knight 3: the story mixes eerie goings-on with supernatural events in best Jensen-style. Neurobiologist Dr. David Styles is one of the game’s central characters: since losing his wife in a horrible accident some several years ago, he has become a recluse, seldom leaving Dread Hill House, his English country estate.

When student and part-time street performer Samantha Everett shows up at his doorstep, she unexpectedly becomes his assistant. Hailing from America, she has been travelling through most of Europe the last couple years. Her first task: finding six test subjects at Oxford University for one of Styles’ experiments.
    The experiment starts off innocently enough, but then inexplicable incidents start mounting. And Styles is visited by his dear departed wife. Now it’s up to Sam to solve the mysteries of Dread Hill House.

In Gray Matter, players control both Dr. David Styles as well as Samantha Everett in their bid to uncover the secrets and find out the truth. Gray Matter tackles questions concerning the nature of reality and the power of the human mind in constructing the world we take for granted.

DEUTSCH

Gray Matter wird das erste Adventure der berühmten Game-Autorin seit dem Release von Gabriel Knight 3. Die Geschichte vermischt im besten Jensen-Stil schauerliche Vorkommnisse mit übernatürlichen Ereignissen.

Neurobiologe Dr. David Styles ist einer der Hauptcharaktere des Spiels: Seit er seine Frau bei einem fürchterlichen Unfall vor mehreren Jahren verlor, ist er zu einem Einsiedler geworden, der sein englisches Herrenhaus, das Dread Hill House, nur noch selten verlässt.

Eines Tages taucht die Studentin und Straßenkünstlerin Samantha „Sam“ Everett unerwartet vor seiner Tür auf; just zu einem Zeitpunkt, zu dem Styles nach einer neuen Assistentin sucht. Sam bekommt den Job. Aus Amerika kommend, ist sie in den letzten paar Jahren nahezu durch ganz Europa gereist und kann das Geld gut gebrauchen. Ihre erste Aufgabe besteht darin, an der Oxford University sechs Freiwillige für ein von Styles geplantes Experiment zu finden. Das Experiment startet harmlos, bald aber kommt es zu unerklärlichen Vorkommnissen. Und Styles wird von seiner geliebten, verschiedenen Frau heimgesucht. Nun ist es an Sam, die Geheimnisse von Dread Hill House zu lösen.

In Gray Matter kontrolliert der Spieler sowohl Dr. David Styles als auch Samantha Everett in ihrem Bemühen, die Geheimnisse aufzudecken und die Wahrheit herauszufinden.
    ANACONDA&#039;s Content &amp; Community Manager<br /><br />The Website: www.anaconda-games.com<br />The Board: http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by dtp_Betty
    Heehee,

now I know ...

I can give you a short story introduction:

ENGLISH

Gray Matter is the first adventure game by renowned author Jane Jensen since the release of Gabriel Knight 3: the story mixes eerie goings-on with supernatural events in best Jensen-style. Neurobiologist Dr. David Styles is one of the game’s central characters: since losing his wife in a horrible accident some several years ago, he has become a recluse, seldom leaving Dread Hill House, his English country estate.

When student and part-time street performer Samantha Everett shows up at his doorstep, she unexpectedly becomes his assistant. Hailing from America, she has been travelling through most of Europe the last couple years. Her first task: finding six test subjects at Oxford University for one of Styles’ experiments.
    The experiment starts off innocently enough, but then inexplicable incidents start mounting. And Styles is visited by his dear departed wife. Now it’s up to Sam to solve the mysteries of Dread Hill House.

In Gray Matter, players control both Dr. David Styles as well as Samantha Everett in their bid to uncover the secrets and find out the truth. Gray Matter tackles questions concerning the nature of reality and the power of the human mind in constructing the world we take for granted.

DEUTSCH

Gray Matter wird das erste Adventure der berühmten Game-Autorin seit dem Release von Gabriel Knight 3. Die Geschichte vermischt im besten Jensen-Stil schauerliche Vorkommnisse mit übernatürlichen Ereignissen.

Neurobiologe Dr. David Styles ist einer der Hauptcharaktere des Spiels: Seit er seine Frau bei einem fürchterlichen Unfall vor mehreren Jahren verlor, ist er zu einem Einsiedler geworden, der sein englisches Herrenhaus, das Dread Hill House, nur noch selten verlässt.

Eines Tages taucht die Studentin und Straßenkünstlerin Samantha „Sam“ Everett unerwartet vor seiner Tür auf; just zu einem Zeitpunkt, zu dem Styles nach einer neuen Assistentin sucht. Sam bekommt den Job. Aus Amerika kommend, ist sie in den letzten paar Jahren nahezu durch ganz Europa gereist und kann das Geld gut gebrauchen. Ihre erste Aufgabe besteht darin, an der Oxford University sechs Freiwillige für ein von Styles geplantes Experiment zu finden. Das Experiment startet harmlos, bald aber kommt es zu unerklärlichen Vorkommnissen. Und Styles wird von seiner geliebten, verschiedenen Frau heimgesucht. Nun ist es an Sam, die Geheimnisse von Dread Hill House zu lösen.

In Gray Matter kontrolliert der Spieler sowohl Dr. David Styles als auch Samantha Everett in ihrem Bemühen, die Geheimnisse aufzudecken und die Wahrheit herauszufinden.
    GRAZIE MILLE (italian language) ;D 8)

You're always welcome!

Hello!
    Can you tell a little about game features: how long will it be, how hard will it be and how classical the gameplay is going to be (i.m. smart cursor/verb coin, relative freedome/step by step, linear/non-linear, story heavy/ puzzle heavy)? Thank you, and thanks to Jane. The game looks very promising.

Hmm...

I don't wanna tell you toooooo much

But here are the official features:

Intuitive point & click interface
    3D characters in 2D environments
    Two playable characters
    Unique crime-mystery plotInnovative puzzles

And I promise you one thing: The Story is absolutely great!

Have you already played it Betty? Or seen it being played by one of the developers?
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

First: no
    Second: Yes! ;D

Like you...

Betty, have new screenshots for us?
    Is a prayer...

I'm really sorry, Simothebest, but actually: No .

You need just a little patience...

Quote Originally Posted by dtp_Betty
    I'm really sorry, Simothebest, but actually: No .

You need just a little patience...
    No problem

dtp_Betty
    But is it at least will be harder than Syberia? Because after Jane mentioned Syberia in some of her interviews many people started to compare those two games. IMO Syberia was very linear, had very limited exploration possibilities and easy puzzles. Is it anything like GM?

P.S. Are you from CortX ?

Quote Originally Posted by Afex
    dtp_Betty
    But is it at least will be harder than Syberia? Because after Jane mentioned Syberia in some of her interviews many people started to compare those two games. IMO Syberia was very linear, had very limited exploration possibilities and easy puzzles. Is it anything like GM?
    Hey Afex,

you can't compare these two games!
    On the other hand: I never tried ...

Afex, have you seen the presentation Jane did in Leipzig in 2006? http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/...pic.php?t=6818
    She tells a bit about the kind of puzzles she wants in the game and how long she thinks it will be. Ofcourse, things may have changed a bit since then so no guarantees.
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Of course I can't, but that's what the expectations are I personally hope for smth like Gabriel Knight series, but, than again, GK was nothing like Syberia
    Oh, and does Jane aims at casual gamers market? This is another scary rumor)

PolloDiablo
    Yes, I had, but I was hoping to get some info about games characteristics)