Default A very merry welcome all of you ... feel welcome and free to ask what you like

Welcome to mysterious and dark Abbey!

Please,
    be our guest and ask what ever you like ... we will try to answer and if possible in the best and honest way.
    Emilio CEO of Alcachofa Soft, Santi Lead Designer and the Creative Force behind the Abbey and myself will looking forward to have a nice evening and also some fun with you and lets see how it works.

Cheers and best regards

Kai

Default Re: A very merry welcome all of you ... feel welcome and free to ask what you li

Hi!

Will the Clever&Smart (Mortadelo y Filemón) games ever be released in English?
    I don't understand Spanish. I did buy A Movie Adventure in German but haven't played it yet.
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Default Re: A very merry welcome all of you ... feel welcome and free to ask what you like

Well, actually we are just focused in the deveolpmen of "The Abbey" and planning our nexts new games. But, for the german version, we release previously "Fred & Jeff: A movie adventure", the version in english of the game.

I mean, the game in english is made... but at the moment, no publishers interested in the game for english territories, and no time in our schedule to look for one :P

Emilio

Default Re: A very merry welcome all of you ... feel welcome and free to ask what you li

I heared you do everything, is that true? I mean, you compose the music, write the script, do the graphics... Is taht the truth? :P

Default Re: A very merry welcome all of you ... feel welcome and free to ask what you like

Jajaja, no! That will be impossible! XD

It's true that Alcachofa Soft don't work like the classical games company (in fact, I don't name "company" to alcachofa, but group or team"), so we do a lot of different aspects of the game. We start like a group of friends, making fan adventures. Very good friends and people has worked in Alcachofa (I want remember specially Fernando Lancha, Diego Mosquera, Alfredo Mosquera, Miguel Angel Manrique y German Yepes), but the last years, in the most "professional" era of Alcachofa we are:

Daniel Iborra: He do certainly always in the technical aspect of our games. Engine, editor, tools... He's a great young genius, very clever, and I think there are no other developer in Spain like him.

Santiago Lancha: He's not only my friend, he's like a brother for me. He's in charge of the level design and a part of the scripting, he is actually the "maker" of the hard and less fanny part. And is prepared for everythng in games development: 2d graphics, 3d, animation, edition, sound, video, programming... including he plays the flute in some of our soundtracks!

Emilio de Paz: It's me! I'm the only profesional in the first years of Alcachofa and that's the main reason I'm in charge of the global project. I choose the grpahic and visual style (so, except some preliminary sketches, I don't draw but I supervise all the artists), I compose the music (is true, producing and doing also orchestrations the most of time), I write the story and create the characters, make the main design of puzzles (completed later with Santiago and Jose Melendez), bussines part, etc... well, a lot of different works, but impossible to do without very good people near to you.

Also, we work with a lot of frerelance like Javier Mota or Eduardo Valero (2d artists), Juan Solis (3d character modeller) and a lot...

Thanks, and good to know. Wish you luck in the future! The abbey looks good. I'll be delighty to try!

Okay, so you do *almost* everything ;D
    and from what we can see, you're doing a great job, all of you. Looking forward to this game!
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Yes, perhaps sound strange but we can say that between Dani, Santi & me (a team of... only 3 people!) we do the 90% of the creative part of the game.

But later, is also merit in the way the freelance work (I can design a very beatiful style for the backgrounds, for instance.. but if the artist at charge don't know how to draw, there will be difficult do something similar :P ).

Here's another vote for your Mortadelo y Filemón games to be (please), released in English. I hope you find a publisher for' A Movie Adventure', BUT we'd really like to see EACH game in the series released in English please. Thankyou.

P.S.; 'The Abbey' looks superb!