Thread: A new game

Default A new game

On you forum you told that you are working on a new game. Can you tell anything about it? Will it be related to CI? What genre it will be?

(By the way CI was great! IMHO a serious candidate for an adventure game of the year, really. Congartulations! :-))

Default Re: A new game

Thank you for the praise and feedback - Alex, Keeps us going for a fact.

As for what's next....

The name of our next game is *large drum roll*

and you really thought we could answer that right now

What we can say is that we are deep into our next project and WIP. We can't give away details for the moment as we are waiting for our other releases to catch up, but we can say that this ongoing project has a lot (and new features etc) that will hopefully please gamers everywhere and Culpa fans in particular.

Related question: are you planning a sequel to Innata? If yes, when? I hope we'll get one, because the original ending was pretty open and left many people guessing what was the plot all about.
    I personally found the game to be very good, hats off. Thank you.

Well Alex,

(Not that I blame you for trying hard to pin us down on early details) this follow up really is the same thing as asking specifically what the next project is.

For a large variety of reasons, we can't discuss the details of what is coming next - but the world of Culpa has a lot to it and hard to tell all that in one game, so maybe so

Can you tell if your new project is for a pc platform (as I know that facial animation engine also intended to work at Symbian platform)?

Do you have any plans for porting CI to other platforms (PS, Xbox, Wii, DS)?

We certainly do not intend to abandon the PC as a gaming medium, though cross design from the start is a very attractive consideration in our new WIP. as for CI

yes, we are considering a number of cross platform options - DS is certainly gaining a lot of acceptance as a versatile adventure gaming platform and we also have been looking at applications designed for other platforms and considering all the options ourselves.

But your next game won't take another 6 years to come out, or it depends on the sales? I really wish you good sells, you are a very talented team, but there was almost no ads, no information about the game until now, and adventure genre is not having good times. There is a possibility the game won't sell well.. Is it bothering you at all?

Yep, I agree with Afex, this game could have much more pr. Look, even indie games (lets mention The Silver Lining, for example) have more pr than CI had. Why have you chosen not to promote your game? I can remeber a preview at Just Adventure and... nothing more, really.

Well there was actually quite a bit of initial PR, and more, but much of it was scattered across the web. There were regular releases of press materials and such. But then again with our team busy on localization, getting partners lined up and such there was a small lull.

Would we like to sell a million copies of Culpa Innata, of course. I don't think any adventure game developer out there doesn't think more could be done PR and otherwise to get their game out there and known about. That is topic for a whole forum discussion though and at a later time

I would add that Akella (our Publisher there) has been very enthusiastically working hard for release of Culpa Innata in Russian market. So far they seem quite happy with Culpa reception early on.

Right now we are purely focused on getting all the new releases get on their way, Australia & NZ releases in Feb 2008 etc. We stil have a good ways to go with versions, and Culpa has really just started on its way in the market ( 3 weeks in most retail centers in the US) just ourt in Germany and soon to release across Italy.

So we remain pragmatic but very optimistic

Well, I really hope you sell well. And yes, in Russia the reviews are positive so far
    Thank you and good luck!

Thanks Afex,

And good luck for you. You're doing the right kind of adventures. :-)