Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The originally intended ending for Scratches... finally revealed!

Hi Imari, glad to see you around! Well, those are the kind of emotions that we wanted to achieve in the actual ending of the game. Robin might be evil or scary, but you can't help but feel sorry at his situation. As for Michael, you can't blame him... he wasn't expecting to find an actual "creature", so it's understandable that he ran away. He was still convinced it was old man Blackwood hiding in the basement. Just think about what you would have done in his place

Many wonder why Michael never told the authorities or did anything else after leaving the house. But remember his last words: he was in shock and couldn't understand what he had just seen. He feared that everyone would disregard his story and take him for a madman. In any case, he probably wanted to keep the secret for himself ;D
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

:-[
    Oh sh..., ich missed everything!!!
    Now i only can read through the whole experience. :'(
    Thanks for the long and very interesting explanation, Agustin! :-*
    After knowing all three ends, i prefere the one in the first released version.
    As you just said: it's the indetermined ending, which reflects backwards through the whole game and makes it very special. What a great idea (even if it's originally not yours)!
    Lovecrafts storys are thrilling people all over the world for some time now - i love them! Seeing people using his "style" to create adventure-games is thrilling! ;D
    Thanks a million for your excellent work! :-* :-* :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Möwe
    :-[
    Oh sh..., ich missed everything!!!
    Don't worry, I'll stick around for the rest of the week! ;D

After knowing all three ends, i prefere the one in the first released version.
    As you just said: it's the indetermined ending, which reflects backwards through the whole game and makes it very special. What a great idea (even if it's originally not yours)!
    Well, it's not like the actual ending was downright "stolen" from a Lovecraft tale, mind you! The prime reason why we decided to use that ending was because it was more in tune with the rest of the game. Having Michael use the amulet in a supernatural way and harming Robin (even if he was truly evil) just didn't feel right.
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12