Default CI and its auditorium

As far as I can see browsing through different forums quite a lot of people say: I've seen this game - the graphics is bad, so I won't play it. That is mostly young adventure auditory which is used to, lets say, Syberia. But adventure games are quite more then simply graphics (well, lets admit it really could be better). What do you think is the main auditorium of CI? Were you making CI aiming for oldscool adventure fans?

Default Re: CI and its auditorium

It is more we made the game "we" as gamers of many years wanted to play ourselves.

We think that within the classic definition of an adventure game there is a LOT of room for innovation. for example game stories and the people in them really should be deeply drawn. The challenges to us as gamers and designers should run with and have a tight fit within the game plot and game events.

Bottom line to us is a LOT of gamers want deep worlds and interesting credible characters. Challenges that aren;t there just to impede your progress, so that appeals to classic adventure game fans, but also for gamers who play RPG.s and other games and want something different. Actually a great many RPG fans have been discovering Culpa and seem to be enjoying themselves.

The time frame of development stretched longer than we would have liked and the graphical look of the back grounds, resolution limitations did end up being a bit dated for our preference, definitely. But seems like a great story and people do draw a wide audience.

I haven't played the game, but I did see screenshots. My impression is that the main problem graphics-wise is the lighting. There isn't enough light contrast, and the colors seem somewhat dull and brownish. But after reading some reviews I am intrigued...

Good to hear Shae