Default release dates, prices, availability and game length ;)

Hi soundguy!

So now you're here as a developer at the conference

So now that we know a few things about your projects, here are some questions from me:

1. When will the first episodes be released and how long will it be in between episodes? Whats the plan? And what do you do to make this possible?

2. Availability: How will the games be distributed? Just on your website (which currently needs some work, I have to say, sorry)? You say there will be a season-disc, much like telltales season 1. Will it be included in the download-prices or will we have to pay extra (or something in-between?)?

3. Languages: English.... and?

4. How much will it be?

5. Finally: How long will a episode last?

Default Re: release dates, prices, availability and game length ;)

Hey,

Some are tough questions that I don't yet have answers for.

1. We're trying to get more episodes. We're thinking about 5 or 6 episodes a year.
    2. Those are actually 3 questions in one.
    But, Right now, the game will be distributed digitally, until we find a suitable publisher for retail. But don't worry, we're working on that.

3. We will try to have as many European languages as we can find - but it also depends on which publishing deals we'll get.

4. I do not know yet the pricing, but rest assured it will be a very fair price that will leave you with the satisfaction of a good purchase when you buy and play the games.

5. Long enough, but not too long. We looking at Sam and max as examples for proper game length.
    We want the game to be funny, exciting and engaging, much more than we would like it to be long.

But you have to agree with me on this : Gameplay length is really dependent on the player, isn't it ? I could pixel hunt for an hour but it will be frustrating... and on the other hand I think you could enjoy the game without getting really stuck and having to go and look at the walkthrough.
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy
    1. We're trying to get more episodes. We're thinking about 5 or 6 episodes a year.
    5-6 Episodes a year and two series thats 10 - 12 releases in a year (or did you mean 5-6 episodes total?). Thats quite a lot, do you think you can actually manage that? If yes, how

2. Those are actually 3 questions in one.
    But, Right now, the game will be distributed digitally, until we find a suitable publisher for retail. But don't worry, we're working on that.
    I've got no problem with digital distribution for indie games, this may be the only chance to get them out there and get them made... Still I'm a collector, so a physical product will be always preferred...

3. We will try to have as many European languages as we can find - but it also depends on which publishing deals we'll get.
    So the downloadable versions will be english only, other languages will be on disc releases by publishers troughout europe, like sam&max?

Game length: Yeah I know that is a difficult question to answer, as you correctly pointed out.

1. Yes, Difficult, but not impossible. We'll see if we can make it.
    We're shooting for the stars. We are trying not to hit the moon on the way...

2. We'll take care of your need for earthly possessions! No worries!

3. We are considering doing translations and digitally publishing for European countries ourselves and have it in digital distribution. It's a bit too early to know that. I can tell you this - it will be available in at least English, Hebrew and 3 more European languages.
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company