Default Convergence Questions

It's getting quiet in here, so I thought I'd ask a few questions:

1. About how long will the game be? If the previous two were around 3-4 hours, how does Convergence compare?
    2. Will there be any new things about the gameplay?
    3. It's probably too early to ask but... are all the voice actors from the previous games coming back?

Default Re: Convergence Questions

Hi there! Great questions.

Convergence is definitely longer than the other two. It's difficult to say how long, but it's at least 50% bigger than the other two games. Originally, Unbound was supposed to be a pair of small flashback sections during Convergence. I cut them out in the interests of time and eventually made it a seperate game. As such, you can expect Convergence to be quite a bit longer than Unbound. There are more characters, animation, and backgrounds than in any of our previous games. And more ghosts than both Unbound and Legacy put together! :-D

New things about the gameplay. Well, the "switching between characters" thing is back, and I'm starting to experiment with what Joey can do. It won't play much into puzzles, but Joey will be able to eavesdrop on other people's conversations to give you a bit more backstory. In Convergence it will be just for fun, but I want to establish that Joey has this ability for the fourth game, where it will be put to more use.

Abe will definitely be returning to voice Joey. Sande, unfortunately, will not. She now has a busy fulltime job that puts lots of demands on her time, and her home is very far away. We discussed the issue and it's probably best if I went with someone with the time to commit to it. The new actress is named Rebecca Whittiker, and you can listen to some samples of her work HERE. It's not very "Rosa-ish", but it should give you a basic idea of what she'll sound like.

It just came to my mind... Dave, have you played the recent "Ghost in the Sheet" adventure game? There also were ghosts there and the main... hero used its ghostly abilities...

BTW Ghost is the sheet was made with the engine we're using : Wintermute.
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

One minute left to finish one more post!

Alas, I haven't played GITS. One downside to spending all your time making games is you have less time to PLAY them.

It sounds interesting though, and I've never played a complete wintermute game before. I'll have to check it out.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGilbert
    [...]Joey will be able to eavesdrop on other people's conversations to give you a bit more backstory.
    Sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see how it's used in the 4th game .

Abe will definitely be returning to voice Joey. Sande, unfortunately, will not.[...]
    Sad to hear that Sande can't make it. Rebecca sounds good but very different. This will take a while getting used to...

That voice sample was Rebecca auditioning for a cartoon squirrel or something, so it's hardly a good example of what her "Rosa voice" will sound like. I figured i'd only post it if the subject came up.