Thread: Tale of Hero

Default Tale of Hero

As far as I remember "Tale of a Hero" has been long in production. What state is it in now? Eny estimations on the release date?

Default Re: Tale of Hero

Thats right, but its a first game made by development team so there were some troubles that led into a delay. On the other hand it has everything that good adventure game should have so I think adventure gamers will appreciate the fact that finally its here. Because its finished already, so it will be released soon (depends on the market of course).

The game is finished? Are there any screenshots or more details available? It sounds intriguing.

Yes. Please get out some screenshots (or, even, a trailer, or demo), as this would help boost (and revive), interest a lot I'm sure.

Here you can find some screenshots.

And here you can find some more

Oh wow, this looks great. I was at the GC in Leipzig but didn't have time to visit your booth (did see your Reprobates presentation at the Anaconda booth). Hope to hear more about Tale of Hero and the other games soon.
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Hey!
    These pictures look nice!!

When I read the preview on Adventure Archiv some time ago I was a bit worried about the graphics.

While many adventure players may say that graphics are not that important I think that this is only half true.

I can still play those old Sierra und Lucas Arts adventures with the big pixels, because they are mostly hand drawn. Also, the technically primitve nature gives them a very different and more direct feeling than more detailed modern games.

I can play in low resolutions and color depths, and handdrawn looks mostly always nice, but prerendered graphics are tricky. If they are not detailed enough they look easily ugly. And since graphics are important to set the atmosphere it can be a mood killer.

While the old screenshots weren't good I like the new ones. Could be a game for me then.

Thanks! Looking good.