Default just a couple of questions

First of all, congragulations on Ankh games, because it was what adventure genre needed - games reminscent of classic p&c adventures, but also with modern design

Now, i m interested in Jack Keane. My question is what are the main difference between Jack Keane and Ankh? Also, do u plan on Jack Kean to be series of games just like Ankh?

My second question is do u plan any other adventure franchise in the future, and if so, can you tell some details

thanx :P

Default Re: just a couple of questions

Hi JohnnyDM,

thank you for your questions and for the congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDM
    First of all, congragulations on Ankh games, because it was what adventure genre needed - games reminscent of classic p&c adventures, but also with modern design

Now, i m interested in Jack Keane. My question is what are the main difference between Jack Keane and Ankh? Also, do u plan on Jack Kean to be series of games just like Ankh?

My second question is do u plan any other adventure franchise in the future, and if so, can you tell some details

thanx :P
    To your first question: I think there are several differences between Ankh and Jack, beside the fact that Ankh takes place in Egypt and Jack in India. First of all Jack seems to be more mature compared with Ankh. The whole story is much more developed and the characters have more details. On the other hand you have different possibilities to solve some puzzles in Jack as well as some bonus riddles. Additional the locations and cutscencs are far more detailed compared with Ankh. We worked with about 20 people for 16 month on Jack. Ankh (the first episode) took us 10 month and 10 to 15 people worked on this title.

To your second question: Currently we are working on a new adventure IP. The title is on the concept stage. We presented the setting on the Games Convention in Leipzig to several Publishers and nearly everybody loved our new approach :-)

New adventure IP? Sounds great!!

Although I love Ankh 2 (and a little less Ankh 1 & Jack Keane (Ankh 3 just arrived today, so no verdict on that)) I'm always happy to see new ideas, new characters and locations. So this is extremely good news. But I also love a good sequel... anything planned?

tanks 8),
    great news about new adventure

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    New adventure IP? Sounds great!!

Although I love Ankh 2 (and a little less Ankh 1 & Jack Keane (Ankh 3 just arrived today, so no verdict on that)) I'm always happy to see new ideas, new characters and locations. So this is extremely good news. But I also love a good sequel... anything planned?
    Currently, we have no sequel of Ankh or Jack Keane in development. However, I think both titles will continue in the future. We'll definitely let you know :-)

So no new adventure game from Deck 13 next year... fells kinda weird after being treated to 4 great games ind just a little over 3 years. (I know you are working on a rpg/adventure game for anaconda, but I don't know wether I will like the rpg part...)

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    So no new adventure game from Deck 13 next year... fells kinda weird after being treated to 4 great games ind just a little over 3 years. (I know you are working on a rpg/adventure game for anaconda, but I don't know wether I will like the rpg part...)
    You'll love the RPG part... and actually, know body said that we'll release the adventure next year, right ;-) But on the other hand, we have more time to work on both projects.

In italy, ankh the heart of Osiris was afflicted by important bug at the moment of its release with very bad review in several pc magazine. everything was solved with a patch upgrading the game to version 1.02. That was really strange for a game that in other countries was released many months before. what about the next episode? thanks