Thread: Questions

Default Questions

Hi Stefan,

here are some questions

1. The obvious one first: After the release of Simon 4, Everlight (and Tell): Whats the next game to look forward to? Are there any more adventure games planned?

2. Are there any plans for adventure games on consoles? You recently became an official Nintendo Wii and DS developer...

3. Are you happy with the sales figures of the 2 adventure games? which one sold better, Simon 4 (with the wellknown IP) or Everlight?

4. Was it hard to convince the Simon creators to give you the license?How did it happen?

Default Re: Questions

Hi Axel, ok, here my answers:

1. Sorry that I can't make an announcement this evening. What I can say is that we're still looking forward to develop more adventures, but this is not our only genre.

2. We're thinking about that, yes. But as in #1, I can't make an announcement today. What I can say is that I'm really looking forward to our DS and Wii products.

3. Yes, we're quiet satisfied with the sales. Which one sells better? Well, it's too early to say that finally, but Simon is really a strong brand.

4. I can't say much about the details of the licensing, but it was a rather easy decision at this time. Silver Style Entertainment was already successful at this time with games like Gorasul, Soldiers of Anarchy or The Fall, so we were not a unknown quantity for them.

Stefan

Ah, there's one thing I can reveal about our next game: This time we have no guy who does magic. ;D

Were the original Simon creators involved in any way during development? Have you heard any comments from them as to how the game turned out?

Hello Becky,

yes, the Woodroffes were involved in the game development, mainly in the story and the puzzle design. They also took influence in the graphics style, they didn't want another Simon game with a comic look like in Simon 3D. But due to the language barrier they were not able really to play the game. As I said in another thread the english Simon version will be out rather soon and I'm really curious what they will say about that.

Stefan