Thread: About the plot

Default About the plot

Please take this one on the "constructive critics" side

I found the plot of SF:T quite trivial and badly developed (I mean: big scientific project to conquer the world and a confused way of narration, with some predictable twists); I know this was probably to keep the game on the "classics" side, but is SF2 going to have a deeply different plot with, who knows, more mature or original themes? I don't mean to transform the concept to something with no humor (I loved some humor scenes in SF:T, for instance the "This'll have consequences" flick) but maybe the game itself could have a different mood than SF:T.

I think the game basis is already good - I found SF:T a really enjoyable adventure game - so maybe it could be easier to concentrate on other factors like screenplay, dialogues and so on.

I'm curious to know how SF2 will figure from the story point of view

Another critics could be the little time the player could spend in each place; we visited many places but for very little time each. Will SF:2 be more accurate from this point of view, maybe with less locations but with more things to do in each area? Or with lots of locations and lots of things to do, that would obviously be perfect :P
    http://www.syberiaitalia.com - Site webmaster and forum administrator

Default Re: About the plot

Hello overmann,

thanks for your post.
    I think a discussion about the story and all other creative content is always very subjective one.
    That's why I highly respect your opinion. But on the other side we have many, many players that
    like the story and the characters of SF:T very much. For us it's an important aspect of the huge success of the game.
    And that's the reason why we don't make things very different in part 2.
    Please dont misunderstand me at this point. We know that there are always things that can be done better. We always try to enhance the quality of our work.
    I'm sure you will love our new plot more.