Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welcome to the boards of Parallax Studio, creators of Darkstar.

Hello everyone, and I want to say first that we are pleased to have been asked to be here today, and thank you for inviting us. My name is Jeff (you'll see J. Allen Williams on all the credits, just call me jeff), and I am the creative CEO of Parallax Studio based in the Mid-Western United States. Darkstar is (for lack of better term) an Interactive Movie. The reason I say lack of better term, is that many projects have been released with that description, and didn't really live up to the implications of the term. I'm hoping Darkstar does exactly that, live up to what the idea of an Interactive Movie should be. I look forward to your questions.

Note: Attached to this post is a graphic the animators use in-house to "direct" the animation and programming processes. There are hundreds of these in Darkstar. This one represents the top level of the Westwick, the starship that most of the story takes place on. I will offer a few more of these in future posts.

Default Re: Welcome to the boards of Parallax Studio, creators of Darkstar.

Hi Jeff looks like we have our own private chat room kidding I'm not planning on being the only one to drive you crazy today. Thanks for all the extra stuff and the invite. Looking great as always. Though I also liked that old prospectus starring Dean wilder! That will be included, yes???

I've just seen an old trailer and it's looking amazing. Now I'm real anxious to see more!!

Well I'm happy you are here, other than the cast, you are the only European friend I have! You'll never let me live down the Dean Wilder thing will you? Hey, I had to do my "Alfred Hitchcock" cameo.

Dean Wilder looked cool. I was just wondering if it was included in the game or maybe just a joke, I also liked Bob with the cigare You really did look different. I thought it was a haircut but not quite sure...And this is a European forum so lots of friends to gain

Yes, Dean Wilder is in the Backstory Movie, I tried to write myself as good-looking, intelligent and funny. Then there's the camera and what THAT does to you. Now Billy Bob Brown is NOT me, that is the lead guitarist for the "Ozark Mountain Daredevils", a 70's band with worldwide success with top 40 hits like "Jackie Blue" and "If you wanna' get to Heaven". He died tragically in a fire in his home in 2004. His part is very funny, he's a frustrated comedian. Ironically, his character dies in a fiery crash of his B-170 fighter ship.

I sort of figured out Billy Bob wasn't you He looked really funny yes. Awful to hear he died and ironical too indeed That wouldn't happen to be a Malibu fire now would it :

Default Bill Brown

No, it was in Missouri, he fell asleep smoking.

Ow yes I think I read that somewhere... Smoking kills? awful stupid way to go though...

I agree. He took an incredible Bass Guitar player with him, a man named Don Shipps. I miss Bill very much, he was an amazing performer and one of my best friends.

Ow God I'm sorry I didn't know that. he looks like a terrific guy. He wouldn't happen to be the one who convinced u to do the Dean Wilder thing now would he

No, but I always conceived that my character would interact with his.

Getting more and more curious

Fires always give me the chills. My grandmother's house burned down once and they got out just in time. Lately with those California fires, it really strikes me as well though most people there probably escaped to their private islands and Clive probably fled the country to Australia

Anyhow to get back to the subject, I've got documentation and those who aren't here do not, so guess who they will adore. okay you! Can I post stuff about this on the site? and how many posts are we away from more ;D From the moment this conversation turns over in nagging, poke me!

You can post to your heart's content! But there will be no poking!

as u wish

haaaah!

I think everyone should be able to poke until their hearts content!

OK, JK

thanks matt! lol

what about that haaah?

I knew I could trust you to go to the naughty side here! I know you like Clive better anyhoo!

Me and Clive go way back lol He was on telly when I was twelve. And I need to run a site about him. I'm actually more the technician there. U know the person who is behind the rest. If people say, there's no decent site on the internet, even u can do better, I take that as a challenge. There...

Besides I know u better How can u like a person u've never met better? I'm just intrigued by fascinating people. U can take that as a compliment! an honest one.

Just so everyone here knows, Annick is a supermodel and I've paid her to flirt with me and say nice things about me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast