Default Other adventure games by Crystal Shard

Warthogs

It's time for the final exams at Warthogs Magic School, and notorious slacker Larry Lotter is about to flunk all of them because he spent less time studying and more time drinking beer. But there is yet hope! Using a spell to travel back in time, he gets the chance to do his day over again and pull some tricks to pass the exams anyway! And he has to, because it's his Destiny.
    Join Rob Greasley, Calliope DeRanger and Professor Mumblemore in this short Harry Potter parody, loosely based on the greatly admired books by J.K. Rowling. Watch the other characters act and interact of their own accord, and spin time back and forth to interfere.

Warthogs comes with a voice pack, where all the characters speak to you.

META

The only real AGS game! Everything else is merely a game in AGS. Is it one room containing four rooms? Or twenty rooms containing one room? Or both? Find out today, in one of the most surrealistic adventure games (or is that game adventures?) you've seen, where a bug truly is a feature.
    Awesmoe Quest (sic) has so many features that it's actually impossible to complete. Can you finish it anyway, with the help of everybody's favorite mascot, Cuppit? Can you keep your inventory from burning you to cinders? Can you work the poorly-designed marvel known as BHT? If you're in for some serious confusion, download META today. It's the weirdest thing since sliced bread.

Infinite Monkeys

June 2006 marked the fifth anniversary of the MAGS competition. The assignment was to pick any of the previous rulesets, and use that to create a game. With such an overwhelming variety to select from, my choice was simply to take all of them. Hence, Infinite Monkeys follows every single rule posed in every single MAGS competition over the past five years.
    The result is a futuristic game set in the past where the Mittens crew in their zombie-infested flying city has to help elves by taking a journey through time during their new year's party to stop the supervillain's conspiracy in his zoo. If that didn't make sense to you, you must definitely play this game to find out.

Root of all Evil

Today is Mika's birthday, and of course this is an excellent reason to throw a party. In a town like this, inviting all your friends is easy. There is just one thing missing...
    Money. Parties can be expensive, and Mika is remarkably short on money. Still, it should be possible for an enterprising photographer to make some quick cash...
    Featuring pirates, private eyes, archaeologists (well, not really), a fully functional camera, and of course a crazy homeless weirdo.

Quest FIghter

Get rrready to rrrumble! In the style of Celebrity Deathmatch, the heroes of classical Sierra and LucasArts games fight a bloody battle for supremacy! Pit Devon's fireballs vs. Bobbin's swan morph! Use Guybrush's pirate voodoo against Sonny's assault gun! And have Larry smash them all with a taxi cab. Includes a mysterious endgame boss, lots of blood, and fatalities! Download now... if you dare!
    Quest Fighter II is a parody of classical Sierra and LucasArts games created in AGS by Mortal Wombat, who asked me to host it here.

Default Re: Other adventure games by Crystal Shard

Ah, I started playing META.
    It's very difficult, but fun.
    I think I stopped playing it when I had problems to return to the normal cursor.
    I don't know, I think I changed to an obscenely large one and, from then on it wasn't fun anymore to click accidentally in the wrong places...
    Was this an intentional design point to keep constant the overall "cheep", dysfunctional and annoying theme of the game?
    Cuppit and his endless dialogues and random popups may have already been enough for some people, but I loved him.
    But in that point it went too far for me.
    Still, very original.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie
    I think I stopped playing it when I had problems to return to the normal cursor.
    Oh. Well, that's easy, simply go to the cursors pane and pick another one.

Was this an intentional design point to keep constant the overall "cheep", dysfunctional and annoying theme of the game?
    Well, no
    The game is cheap (it's free, after all) and the whole point of the game is to work around the overly convoluted BHT system. It's surreal that way.

Hm. I hope it's as easy to change as you say.
    But I remember clicking for some minutes before quiting in frustration.
    It probably was just hard to change it again when you had a large cursor.
    But good to hear that it wasn't part of the design.

And you can restore your game, if you want. Yes, the 'save game' option in the pull-down menu works.

META is really a game where the fun is to experiment with stuff, and once you've figured out what's going on you can play from start to finish in a matter of minutes. So you don't lose much by simply restarting or restoring.

But I remember clicking for some minutes before quiting in frustration.
    It probably was just hard to change it again when you had a large cursor.
    Probably because you didn't get the hotspot of the cursor where you wanted it. The hotspot of the cursor is on the middle of the cursor, not at the corner or anywhere else, so you need to click the middle of the cursor over the new sprite you want to change the cursor to.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant
    And you can restore your game, if you want. Yes, the 'save game' option in the pull-down menu works.

META is really a game where the fun is to experiment with stuff, and once you've figured out what's going on you can play from start to finish in a matter of minutes. So you don't lose much by simply restarting or restoring.
    I think I found that out.
    It's some time ago I played it, though.
    AFAIK I solved the code and the coffee puzzle.

The main problem was that it wasn't clear where you exactly had to click with the cursor, something which was especially annoying with the big ones.

But I don't remember it that clearly anymore.
    If I had the time I would check it immediately.
    Ah, I always let distract myself so easily