Default Darkstar storyline

okay back to that amazing trailer I saw that made me curious like hell. I don't know if you can say much about it or maybe it has been said and I missed it. What's darkstar about really? I mean: send no more ships to DS. It's a trap etc sounds like conspiracies. But to figure all that out is maybe the point of the game. Intriguing, very intriguing.

Default ONE BUTTLOAD OF TYPING...but here tiz....

Boy, it almost takes a book to synopsize...

The trailer was created solely from footage from the Backstory movie.

Here's a basic outline as simple as I can make it, starting with the Backstory.

BACKSTORY:
    1. Earth decides to abolish war and crime. To do this they load all of their weapons, atomic and otherwise, onto freighters and shoot them into the deep darkness of outer space.
    2. Construction on Mars for the ultimate penal colony is begun.
    3. The freighters collide with a strange asteroid and rip a hole in space, the anomaly is dubbed Darkstar.
    4. An expedition is sent to explore Darkstar...the ship is sucked in, and pops out again...seven years earlier. So Darkstar is a frozen place in time, always that exact moment in the year 2118 in which it was created by the explosion.
    5. The penal colony receives all of the criminals from Earth.
    6. There is a revolt and the prisoners take over the colony. Earth abandons them, but in 80 years or so, they build up a military and warn earth that they are coming to take half of their water...then destroy what's left.
    7. In the six months it takes for the Mars Armada to reach Earth, a plan is devised. Earth has NO chance in winning the war, doom is immenent. So the Darkstar Mission is conceived, and four identical ships are sent to go to Darkstar, enter it, and go back in time to 2118, long before the historic mistake of creating the Mars Penal Colonies, so that the error can be corrected. The Backstory Movie is a documentary created by the government of the future for proof of what has happened, so that the government of the past will not make this catastrophic error.

NOW.
    The Westwick is one of the four DS ships. The other three have been destroyed. The Captain wakes up aboard the ship after 300 years in cryogenic sleep. The ship is messed up. One of the four crewmembers is missing (and so is a shuttle), one is still asleep (the beautiful female pilot), and one is dead, his hand chopped off...murdered in his sleep.

The GAME BEGINS.

Default Re: Darkstar storyline

WAW that's indeed a whole bunch! thanks for explaining! A game is always better with a good storyline! Guess the captain must have thought when he woke up: damn how can I have been asleep for 300 years with such a beauty by my side lol back to the game...