Thread: Becoming Staff

Default Becoming Staff

Becoming Staff

This is a FAQ about becoming staff for RGC. We hope this helps you and answers all your questions.

What are the requirements to become staff?
    We have no specific requirements to list for you. However it stands to reason a staff member should be well respected, understanding of the current rules, mature, and professional. Account activity may also play a role. This doesn't mean 3000 posts of garbage will get you on staff. The quality of your membership is going to be based on the quality of your posts/activity.

How are staff chosen?
    Staff are selected by Sir-Rogers, Superman, SkyFire, or BitchGotRaped with the input of the other staff members. Normally staff starts a nomination list and members are reviewed for a few days. Then an invite is sent to the member asking if they would like to be on the staff.

Can I moderate a specific section?
    We only have a few forum moderators on the site. Some forums don't require a moderator at all. The forums that do require a moderator will have one chosen by Skyfire for the ban request section.

Should I send Roger a PM about being on staff?
    Absolutely do not PM Roger. You will not get a response or at least one you will like. Staff members do not nominate themselves. Staff are chosen and invited.

Are staff paid?
    Staff are not paid on RGC. Each staff member is a volunteer.

If I become staff can I abuse other members?
    Nope. You'll be removed and probably banned.

Update:

I'm sure all of us have had thoughts about becoming staff in the past, present or future. Many of the community members have ideas on how to go about it too, (do something extravagant, take advantage of another, work for it, or simply beg). Many of the things I said in that last sentence aren't ideal, they do not show what you can really do as a staff member, or how you could help the community in a manner of being apart of the administration. But I'm going to tell you how to prepare yourself, and teach you how to be apart of the staffing community the good way. (There are various ways, but I find this the easiest, and the best.)

-Seeker of Truth

- Join the forum, and the first thing you want to do is study the rules. Take them to memory for future reference. Why would you need to do this? It's the first step in preparation. If you are to enforce the rules, you must know them.

- Understand the ideas of the community. Make sure you know what you're getting into before you apply for staff. You don't want to assist something that disinterest you, or you even dislike strongly.

- Get to know the members, and administration. This is a key step in your path. You must acknowledge all ideas put forth, and boast your opinion on them. Attain your voice, it's the only way. Get to know the community leaders, and people of all kinds. The more diversity you learn from, and cling to, the more your name becomes populated, and revered. Become friends with a good majority, and wonderful things will happen to you.

- Get to know the forum software. This is definitely not a requirement, but it is something that is highly recommeded. The more you know about the software, the more you can do to help the current staff on that site. You'll become known as a helper, and your opinions will be taken into higher account, and your name revered even more.

- Work, work, work. Posting is a key part in becoming staff. This doesn't mean spamming the forum endlessly attempting to up your post count, but it means raising your voice on subjects, and teaching others in different situations. As a wanna-be-staffer you should help with things that are not getting done, and take things into your own hands. This way, the current staff knows you're a dedicated, and hard worker, and they'll want you on their team. (But remember, these things take time.)

- Sentence Structure, and how you type. Make sure you teach yourself how to type. Try to use as much grammar as possible when writing out your messages, and other information. This will make you look more professional, and more understandable.

- Believe in yourself. Never give up in your pursuit of becoming a staff member on the site you enjoy coming to. Just keep working and eventually, if you put enough effort in, you'll get it.