Thread: 8 Mile (2002)

Default 8 Mile (2002)

Storyline:

B-Rabbit, a wannabe rapper from the wrong side of Detroit's 8 Mile, has problems: he dumps his girlfriend when she tells him she's pregnant; to save money to make a demo tape, he moves into his alcoholic mom's trailer; his job's a dead end, and he's just choked at the local head-to-head rap contest. Everything hinges on the next rap showdown at the club. Can B-Rabbit pull truth out of his cap?

Additional Information:

Directed by: Curtis Hanson
    Produced by: Curtis Hanson, Brian Grazer, Jimmy Iovine
    Written by: Scott Silver

Starring: Eminem, Kim Basinger, Brittany Murphy, Mekhi Phifer, King Gordy
    Music by: Eminem
    Cinematography: Rodrigo Prieto
    Editing by: Jay Rabinowitz
    Studio: Imagine Entertainment

Distributed by: Universal Pictures
    Release date: November 8, 2002
    Running time: 110 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget:$41 million
    Box office: $242,875,078

Critiques:

"Transcends its star's controversial career and, in the bargain, stands head, shoulders and heart above every other Hollywood movie that we've seen so far this year." Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal

"Movie stars radiate a power -- physical, erotic, spiritual -- that draws an audience into their orbit. Yet watching Curtis Hanson's gritty and electrifying 8 Mile, the first thing you notice about Eminem, the most scaldingly powerful artist in pop music today, is how vulnerable he looks." Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly

"Eminem plays Rabbit with riveting, flamboyantly expressive intensity." John Powers, L.A. Weekly

"The film's absolute conviction keeps it from feeling formulaic." Nathan Rabin, The A.V. Club

"There's something old-fashioned and dauntless about the way the film pushes past our initial resistance to its setting and subject matter, past pain, past defeat, to make this point. Because it rejects easy victories, this may be one of the few inspirational movies that could actually inspire someone, somewhere, sometime."Richard Schickel, Time

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

One of the best movies I've seen. Eminem is delivering a perfect acting which you can't help but admire. Great scenery, awesome scenario, stunning performances. A very inspirational movie which you just can't miss, no matter what. I totally suggest this to you, without any hesitation.

Rating: 10/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

Quote Originally Posted by VampAurora View Post
    VampAurora's Critique:

One of the best movies I've seen. Eminem is delivering a perfect acting which you can't help but admire. Great scenery, awesome scenario, stunning performances. A very inspirational movie which you just can't miss, no matter what. I totally suggest this to you, without any hesitation.

Rating: 10/10
    As your opinion i can think it's great movie.. I will watch it...

Well, ye it was the type of my taste. A really great movie, hope you'll like it. Waiting for a thought of it

ok this movie is one of my favorite movie because i like very much EMINEM .RATING:10/10

A very nice movie i especially liked the freestyles in the end
    και καποια στιγμη αγχωθηκα δεν εβρησκα κανενα καινουργιo

[Eleos]: [dreamz-gaming] was banned by [SabotaZ80@IRC] on 2013-01-08 (via DA-BOT) because: [suck the cock] [PERMANENT]

although most of the movie is fiction ,the freestyles and the storyline are very good...

i like 8 mile movie because its a real story describing a part of eminem's life,and this movie gives a motivation that even in the worst time in your life you still have a chance to change the situation and only clever people can realize that this is the only chance and it want be repeated twice so be smart don't be a retard,think twice act wise,so what you gonna do waste it or grab it??
    even though it needs sacrifices.

That has nothing to do with Eminem's life, it depicts the life of a common rapper in Detroit.

i meant almost same problems,nevermind