Thread: Streamer F.A.Q

Default Streamer F.A.Q

What is the Featured Streamer Program?
    The Riot Featured Streamer Program is an effort to reward you for putting out compelling, live content and working hard to grow your viewership. If you'll help us by following our fair and reasonable code of conduct, similar to the Summoners Code, we will help you gain recognition through our promotion and aid.

What are the benefits of joining the Featured Streamer Program?
    You can receive perks depending on your viewership and content. If you are accepted into the program, you will receive a forum avatar and have your stream, bio, schedule and relevant links placed on the Streamer Portal.
    You can also look forward to having a Streamer Program T-shirt mailed to you, complete with your summoner name and streamer tier icon.

Should I apply to join the Featured Streamer Program?
    If you can abide by the Summoners Code, absolutely. We will provide the primo promotional spot while you continue to entertain and guide your viewers.

How do I join?
    Click the link to the right of the Streamer Portal. Fill out your info and streaming schedule, and well review your submission. We will let you know if you have been selected for the program, or try to offer constructive feedback on what wed like to see.

What happens if Im selected?
    Shortly after youve been selected, we will go over your viewer stats and content to place you into one of five tiers. Each tiers rewards and benefits can be found on the Streamer Portal. Additionally, tiers are subject to change with your weekly content and monthly viewership statistics.

Why make a streamer program?
    The League of Legends community craves more streaming, and we are aiming to give players exactly what they want informative and upbeat streamers who represent the best we have to offer in play and personality. Lets raise the quality of streaming together by promoting the pillars of the streaming community.

How are streamers selected for the program?
    Streamers are chosen based on their viewership and quality of their content. You can check the requirements and benefits for each tier on the Streamer Portal.

Do I get anything to give away?
    Tiers 4 and 5 will receive swag to give away to their audience. Get your fans pumped up!

How does this affect me if I use twitch.tv or own3D.tv?
    We embed your stream on our Portal, so becoming a part of our featured Streamer Program shouldnt affect your relationship with Own3D or Twitch, nor should it require you to make any technical changes to your stream.

How can I improve my standing in the program?
    Each month, well evaluate your position in the Featured Streamer Program as new data becomes available and adjust your tier accordingly. Well notify you of any changes to your tier.

Can I be banned for things said during streamed games?
    As a member of the Featured Streamer Program, we hold you to the same standard as our other players. Basically, if it could get you banned before, it can still get you banned now. You are however much more visible and a Rioter may be watching you. Be conscious of this.
    We expect streamers to uphold the Summoner's Code and to be generally awesome and upstanding members of the League of Legends community. To put it another way, we don't promote streamers who are jerks or trolls.

What Elo do I need to be eligible?
    Players of all Elo ranges and skill sets are welcome in our program. For instance, if youre a shoutcaster interested in joining the ranks of League of Legends commentators, your stream will have a different flavor than others. The content your stream is bringing to your viewers is much more important than your Elo.

Why dont you feature my favorite streamer? He pwns noobs all day! He should be on your front page! He is only racist on his off days.
    There are a lot of talented players who stream League of Legends. We think that those who respect the Summoners Code and provide a positive example for other players should be rewarded for their efforts. Other streamers may achieve popularity through abuse of the Summoners Code, but thats not the kind of player we want to promote.

Scumbag Riot! Why do you only feature streamers who are already well-known? They dont need help.
    Everyone should have the opportunity to stream their games and its our goal to get as many summoners as we can on our Streamer Portal. To start, we are going to highlight established streamers who adhere to the Summoners Code.
    Our hope is that with top-notch streams serving as an example to up-and-comers who want to get featured on the Portal, we will generate even more momentum in building up streaming as a whole.
    If you feel that there is a compelling reason for us to feature a specific streamer, let us know on the forums and generate some buzz!

Streamer portal : here
    Last edited by EnemyUnseeN; 07-09-2012 at 05:59 PM.