Default Seven Pounds (2008)

Storyline:
    Haunted by a secret, Ben Thomas looks for redemption by radically transforming the lives of seven people he doesn't know. Once his plan is set, nothing will be able to stop him. At least that's what he thinks. But Ben hadn't planned on falling in love with one of these people and she's the one who will end up transforming him.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Gabriele Muccino
    Produced by: Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, James Lassiter, Will Smith, Steve Tisch
    Written by: Grant Nieporte

Starring: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, Woody Harrelson, Michael Ealy, Barry Pepper
    Music by: Angelo Milli
    Cinematography: Philippe Le Sourd
    Editing by: Hughes Winborne
    Studio: Relativity Media, Overbrook Entertainment, Escape Artists

Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
    Release dates: December 19, 2008 (United States), January 16, 2009 (United Kingdom)
    Running time: 123 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $54,000,000
    Box office: $168,168,201

Critiques:

"While it doesn't break any new ground or provide any revelations, Seven Pounds is unabashedly emotional and cautiously hopeful. It's the feel-good movie for these feel-bad times." Claudia Puig, USA Today

"A movie that plays better if you know nothing about it going in."William Arnold, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"Some people will find it emotionally manipulative. Some people like to be emotionally manipulated. I do, when it's done well." Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

"A spiritual successor to "The Pursuit of Happyness," but darker and more oblique." Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

One of the most touching movies I've seen. The scenario is amazingly good and the acting, especially Will Smith's is impeccable. Though the end made me kinda sad, it was worth it. Greatly inspirational, one of the movies you can't miss, just watch it.

Rating: 9/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�