Default Battleship (2012)

Storyline:
    Based on the classic Hasbro naval combat game, Battleship is the story of an international fleet of ships who come across an alien armada while on Naval war games exercise. An intense battle is fought on sea, land and air. What do the aliens want?

Additional Information:

Directed by: Peter Berg
    Produced by: Peter Berg, Brian Goldner, Duncan Henderson, Bennett Schneir, Scott Stuber
    Written by: Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber
    Based on: Battleship by: Hasbro

Starring: Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgrd, Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker, Liam Neeson
    Music by: Steve Jablonsky
    Cinematography: Tobias A. Schliessler
    Editing by: Colby Parker Jr., Billy Rich, Paul Rubell
    Studio: Battleship Delta Productions, Bluegrass Films, Film 44, Hasbro Studios, Ponysound

Distributed by: Universal Pictures
    Release dates: April 3, 2012 (Tokyo, Premiere), April 11, 2012 (United Kingdom), May 18, 2012 (United States)
    Running time: 131 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $209 million
    Box office: $302,836,260

Critiques:

"Battleship is a sound vessel floating in Hollywood's oil-slick sea of "Transformers" sequels and vampire riffs." Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly

"An invigorating blast of cinematic adrenaline." Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post

"Here's an audacious, inventive and character-driven blockbuster with some wit sprinkled in for good measure. It's fun, and filled with a surprising degree of intrigue and suspense." Steven James Snyder, Time

"The movie drags on way too long, but there are things to like." Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

A really great movie. I enjoyed it a lot. Full of adrenaline, as well as some funny and moving moments. Stunning visual effects, pretty great acting and pretty great directing. I really liked this and I would recommend it to you without any hesitation; go for it.

Rating: 9.5/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�