Default Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Storyline:
    It is 1942, America has entered World War II, and sickly but determined Steve Rogers is frustrated at being rejected yet again for military service. Everything changes when Dr. Erskine recruits him for the secret Project Rebirth. Proving his extraordinary courage, wits and conscience, Rogers undergoes the experiment and his weak body is suddenly enhanced into the maximum human potential. When Dr. Erskine is then immediately assassinated, Rogers is left as a unique man who is initially misused as a propaganda mascot; however, when his comrades need him, Rogers goes on a successful adventure that truly makes him Captain America.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Joe Johnston
    Produced by: Kevin Feige
    Screenplay by: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
    Based on: Captain America: by Joe Simon, Jack Kirby

Starring: Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Dominic Cooper, Toby Jones, Neal McDonough, Derek Luke, Stanley Tucci
    Music by: Alan Silvestri
    Cinematography: Shelly Johnson
    Editing by: Jeffrey Ford, Robert Dalva
    Studio: Marvel Studios

Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
    Release dates: July 19, 2011 (World premiere), July 22, 2011 (United States)
    Running time: 124 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $140 million
    Box office: $368,608,363

Critiques:

"It gives you all that you could ask for when you buy a ticket to a thrill ride." Shawn Levy, Portland Oregonian

"Adding goofy uncertainty to shoulders as wide as the East River makes for a disarming hero in one of the spiffiest WWII action yarns ever to march out of Hollywood." Kyle Smith, New York Post

"Captain America isn't a masterpiece, but it's a solidly crafted, elegant adventure movie that held my attention from start to finish and sent me out into the street energized instead of enervated." Dana Stevens, Slate

"What really distinguishes Captain from the other superhero movies of 2011 (and quite frankly, the majority of the others released in the last several years) is a romance that feels like an integral - not incidental - component of the plot." Todd Gilchrist, Boxoffice Magazine

"For the most part, it manages to balance laughs, genuinely rousing moments, and a fully packed agenda into something fleet enough to keep running under the weight of its rich ambitions." Tasha Robinson, The A.V. Club

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

A really great movie. Some great effects, a good sense of humour and plenty of action. Chris Evans gives us a great performance. I loved the love story in that one, even though I would have wanted it to end differently. Generally, a great movie, not more to say, just watch it.

Rating: 9/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

To be honest I never was a Captain America fan. I find the whole Nazi insane technology theme too much. I did enjoy the movie though and I recommend it as well.

The First Avenger ....
    Nver

RGC: N[v]r[w]o[R]e

I can't say that i liked the plot very much, but the special effects and Captain America kinda made it look better.
    In overall, i liked this movie and especially the ending part.
    8/10

Ohhh ^_^
    Captain America one of my favourite movies!!!!!
    It's the old fashion style movie (the biggest part) and i realy love movies like that!
    9.9/10 ^^

Surpriseee
    ( Click to show/hide )

Thanks for sharing, ye the ending was nice, I would change it a bit however :P

Its a nice video.Aswell captain america is the first avenger.8/10.
    "Ο άνθρωπος μοιάζει με κλάσμα όπου ο αριθμητής είναι ο πραγματικός εαυτός του και ο παρονομαστής η ιδέα που έχει για τον εαυτό του. Όσο μεγαλύτερος ο παρονομαστής, τόσο μικρότερη η αξία του κλάσματος. Και όσο ο παρανομαστής διογκώνεται προς το άπειρο, τόσο το κλάσμα τείνει προς το μηδέν". - Λέων Τολστόι

in my opinio it is not a nice movie so take from 8/10
    Το καλύτερο Admin Abuse ever
    http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthread.php?t=75316

for me captain america is very good movie .....in my opinion is 7.5/10

Captain america i love Hayley Atwell
    Btw captain america 2 will be aired in 2 years (2014)
    και καποια στιγμη αγχωθηκα δεν εβρησκα κανενα καινουργιo

[Eleos]: [dreamz-gaming] was banned by [SabotaZ80@IRC] on 2013-01-08 (via DA-BOT) because: [suck the cock] [PERMANENT]

nice movie but has its problems...i would rate it with 7.5/10

6/10
    for an action movie it wasn't so good as I expected. Didn't like the plot and the hero.
    Omg C.P is a ordinary human being (maybe strong as 5 humans) and he has a nice sheild.

Heroes must be like : Superman, Spiderman, Hulk etc... At least if they are normal ppl they must have gadgets, like batman have.

9/10 i like it

And it will continue at 2014
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/

( Click to show/hide )

❒ Κλείσε ❒ 'Οχι εσύ κλείσε ❒ Εσύ ❒ Όχι εσύ ❒ Εσύ ❒ Εσύ ❒ Εσύ ❒ Εσύ ❒ Εσύ ❒ Εσύ ✔ Κλείσε το θερμοσίφωνο μωρή ηλίθια θα ανατιναχθεί το σπίτι.

awesome movie 9/10 cant wait for the second movie

9/10? Have you seen the movie?
    The American Movie is less american than this movie
    And the acting/story ..
    i'd say 6/10 max

39:13 [Allies] j3ns3n (Phoenix): otan paizeis mazi m omos 8a eisai oti 8elw
    egw

Mpleksame me ntava..

[SPOILER]

i saw the movie and i can tell that wasn't something special , movie for kid's and superhero lovers , good for ages under 15 , i can give it max 6/10.

Η ΧΟΝΤΡΗ ΜΕ ΓΟΥΣΤΑΡΕΙ ΚΑΙ ΤΑ ΧΕΡΙΑ ΑΠΛΩΝΕΙ
    ΘΑ ΧΑΘΩ Σ'ΕΝΑ ΣΩΜΑ Σ'ΕΝΑ ΣΩΜΑ ΜΠΑΛΟΝΙ
    Η ΧΟΝΤΡΗ ΜΕ ΓΟΥΣΤΑΡΕΙ ΚΑΙ ΤΑ ΧΕΡΙΑ ΑΠΛΩΝΕΙ
    ΚΩΛΟΣ ΩΚΕΑΝΟΣ ΚΑΙ ΒΥΖΙΑ ΣΑΝ ΜΠΑΛΚΟΝΙ