Default Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)

Storyline:
    Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born in the stench of eighteenth century Paris, develops a superior olfactory sense, which he uses to create the world's finest perfumes. His work, however, takes a dark turn as he tries to preserve scents in the search for the ultimate perfume.

Additional information:

Directed by: Tom Tykwer
    Produced by: Bernd Eichinger
    Screenplay by: Andrew Birkin, Bernd Eichinger, Tom Tykwer
    Based on: Perfume: by Patrick Sskind
    Narrated by: John Hurt

Starring: Ben Whishaw, Dustin Hoffman, Alan Rickman, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Karoline Herfurth
    Music by: Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil
    Cinematography: Frank Griebe
    Editing by: Alexander Berner
    Studio: Constantin Film, VIP Medienfunds 4, Neff Productions, Castelao Productions

Distributed by: Constantin Film (Germany), Metropolitan Filmexport (France), Filmax (Catalonia), DreamWorks Pictures (United States)
    Release dates: September 14, 2006 (Germany), December 27, 2006 (United States)
    Running time: 145 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $63.7 million
    Box office: $135,039,943

Critiques:

"This is a dark, dark, dark film, focused on an obsession so complete and lonely it shuts out all other human experience. You may not savor it, but you will not stop watching it, in horror and fascination." Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

"The film is downright repulsive in places, and otherwise pushes the envelope for an art film, but it's a dazzling piece of filmmaking that wins us over with its boldness and artistry." William Arnold, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"The odd conclusion renders it somewhat oblique, but Perfume is a feast for the senses." Dan Jolin, Empire

"Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, crosses over from thriller into magic realism for a lavishly staged climax that's a bit much." Lou Lumenick, New York Post

"It is to director Tykwer's credit that, although you never come close to understanding Jean-Baptiste, you don't turn your nose up at him, either." Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald

Trailer:

( Click to show/hide )

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

A pretty great movie, original and absorbing. Ben Whishaw delivers an absolutely marvellous acting, which can't help but keep you stunned. A really dark movie, which will thrill you. However, I didn't really expect nor like the end to be honest. All in all, it's a movie you must have seen.

Rating: 9/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

I realy think that this is a very nice movie i am talking about the plot interpretation of the actor and the setup of the direction.But in my humble opinion(personal) it cant be given rating like 9/10
    Last edited by VampAurora; 02-10-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    και καποια στιγμη αγχωθηκα δεν εβρησκα κανενα καινουργιo

[Eleos]: [dreamz-gaming] was banned by [SabotaZ80@IRC] on 2013-01-08 (via DA-BOT) because: [suck the cock] [PERMANENT]

I removed the total irrelevant part of your post, and please do not repeat it. This sub-forum is meant for me to present some movies, and critic them and rate them at my OWN PERSONAL VIEW. Feel free to comment on the movie or critic it as well, but remember to stay on topic. For any further questions, pm me.

Yea That's great movie...

I have seen the movie and read the book as well. The scenario followed the footprints of the story-book (great director). I wish they had include the 2 missing chapter in the movie, though. The screenplay is amazing and there is actually some scenes that u believe u can smell through your TV.
    I go...

Quote Originally Posted by butcer View Post
    I have seen the movie and read the book as well. The scenario followed the footprints of the story-book (great director). I wish they had include the 2 missing chapter in the movie, though. The screenplay is amazing and there is actually some scenes that u believe u can smell through your TV.
    Well, that's always the problem of transferring a book to the big screen, and I think it's already a big movie (145 minutes) so they couldn't add much more in it. Anyway, I haven't read the book, but I guess it must be amazing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts