Default Blue Valentine (2010)

Storyline:
    Dean and Cindy are a young, working class married couple - Dean currently working as a painter, and Cindy working as a nurse in a medical clinic - with a young daughter named Frankie. Despite their relatively tender ages, they are both ravaged by the life they've eked out together and by the experiences they've had leading into their marriage.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Derek Cianfrance
    Produced by: Lynette Howell, Alex Orlovsky, Jamie Patricof
    Written by: Derek Cianfrance, Cami Delavigne, Joey Curtis

Starring: Ryan Gosling, Michelle Williams
    Music by: Grizzly Bear
    Cinematography: Andrij Parekh
    Editing by: Jim Helton, Ron Patane
    Studio: Hunting Lane Films, Silverwood Films

Distributed by: The Weinstein Company (US), Alliance Films (Canada), Optimum Releasing (UK)
    Release dates: January 24, 2010 (26th Sundance Film Festival), December 29, 2010 (United States: limited)
    Running time: 112 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $1,000,000
    Box office: $12,355,734

Critiques:

"It is beautiful, and it is difficult to watch. It is heartwarming, and it is heart-wrenching. It is absorbing, and it's unsettling." Mike Scott, New Orleans Times-Picayune

"Extraordinary and beautiful." Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle

"Blue Valentine is lushly touching and gorgeously told." Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly

"Blue Valentine is about real life, warts and all, over narrative conventions like action and plot mechanics. It is brutal, compassionate, beautiful in its ugliness and one of the bravest films of the year." Rex Reed, New York Observer

"Here's one vote for the most affecting, anguishing, revealing and prophetic scene of the movie year-and yes, it's all of those things at once in a powerful film that alternates between moments of earlier happiness and later pain." Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal

"Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams give two of the most explosive and emotionally naked performances you will see anywhere. Just know you're in for a workout." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

Trailer:

( Click to show/hide )

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

This movie reminded me a lot of "Candy" and "(500) Days of Summer". A really special and in a way weird movie. There are some strong acting moments and a feel of anxiety that conquers you. All in all, it is a really great movie, that I would suggest you to see.

Rating: 82/100

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�