Default A Lot Like Love (2005)

Storyline:
    On a flight from Los Angeles to New York, Oliver and Emily make a connection, only to decide that they are poorly suited to be together. Over the next seven years, however, they are reunited time and time again, they go from being acquaintances to close friends to ... lovers?

Additional Information:

Directed by: Nigel Cole
    Produced by: Armyan Bernstein. Kevin J. Messick
    Written by: Colin Patrick Lynch

Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Amanda Peet
    Music by: Alex Wurman
    Cinematography: John de Borman
    Editing by: Susan Littenberg

Distributed by: Touchstone Pictures
    Release dates: April 21, 2005 (Israel), April 22, 2005
    Running time: 107 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $30 million
    Box office: $42,886,719

Critiques:

"An entertainment success, a triple threat of fresh writing, inspired directing, and, yes, good acting." Melissa Levine, Dallas Observer

"In essence, British director Nigel Cole has brought a breezy arthouse sensibility to this tale of fated love." Brian Lowry, Variety

"Here's a pleasant little romantic comedy that doesn't try too hard and has the virtue of doing a few things differently." James Berardinelli, ReelViews

"Kutcher and Peet are a low-wattage pair, with little of the verbal riffing that counts as seduction in most romantic comedies, but they have real chemistry together, and A Lot Like Love happily indulges their silly, juvenile one-upmanship." Scott Tobias, The A.V. Club

"It is charming and at times disarmingly surprising." Sean Axmaker, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Trailer:

( Click to show/hide )

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

A really nice movie, with original storyline that I really enjoyed. Funny, romantic and moving in a way. Marvellous acting by both Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet; there is a great chemistry between them. I totally suggest this to you, a beautiful movie.

Rating: 89/100

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�