Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balancing teams

Default Balancing teams

In most games good players always get into the same team, making the games unbalanced.
    I suggest balancing through the ranks of the players.

auto balancing team is one of future features of RGC
    it is expected in next few updates
    so be patient, patience is virtue

Rank is based on how many games you've had, it has absolutely zero accuracy for the player's skill. Each individual player takes more or less time to learn and adapt, plus others have played games elsewhere, leaving them with more games than their rank states they have..

You could create a new ranking system, based on win/loss ratio and even add details such as assists/frags/deaths/wards etc. Where does that lead us? If we have the detailed ranking version, people will crave for carry roles and play selfishly only to improve their rank. Also, people not satisfied with teams or scared to play will just leave games, when the bot decides who goes where, making it longer and harder to start games.

Win/loss ratio ranked system is also inaccurate as fuck, there's no point to bother creating one.
    Also, you won't be able to play with friends when you wish to...

Every way to add this balancing system has it's pros and cons, imo the cons outweigh the pros.

You could create a new ranking system, based on win/loss ratio and even add details such as assists/frags/deaths/wards etc.
    Dota-league stille

Well, i saw good one in dota.gc.
    But as i said - people would begin to fight for the carry role to have a good rank and nobody would go for the support. Even with that, players get lucky and win games they don't deserve to, there would still be lots of awful players having a good rank.

Well if all pick carries they loose and will see that supporters are necessary.

I'm talking about CM mode...
    And even if it's a crappy AP people will fight over carry roles and nobody will agree to play support

like DIV dota..

hans... äh, i mean, rogers :P will make a better sys, i believe he has already a formula in his mind!
    All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

ha ha guess would be nice to have 10 people with dagons running around trying to get lots of kills

When I wander, I see right through you,
    Flying, high, pretty voodoo,
    Lucid dreaming,
    Magic wonder,
    Can you see this spell im under?

I've *invented* an amazing algorithm to determine player skill.
    However to implement this will take a lot of time and testing. There will be a very basic player sorting which was developed about a year ago.

I never implemented it because DotArank is a community, but it feels as tough many people want some basic balancing.

There will be a lot of changes to the client itself. Once we hit critical mass for a new system, the way "public" games are organised will be changed a lot. I can't say too much about it yet as it's still in development, but you'll be able to sign up for games with your friends and they will be automatically balanced.

For the people that don't like such a system we'll have the oldschool community and league channels, for example dotarank, where games will be balanced manually by the admins. So that there are two systems: one for the masses and one for the tightly-knit community players :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Yeah, i suppose binding a group of players together and putting the groups on different teams (ex 4 and 3) would give them a skill value and choose the other players to their team to match the other teams skill value as much as possible.

Well, as i said no matter how detailed and clever the system would be it's still going to have a luck factor and new players who are great/horrible.

Are disconnects going to influence the SK? Or will there be more types of ranking

I think that better detailed ranking system wont provoke massive killstealing and such actions, atleast here on dotarank

Yes, well said ! People will steal kills so crazy and that will be game ruining

Quote Originally Posted by x_T_c View Post
    as if..
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

It will work like it does in HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by x_T_c View Post
    No, I thought about this. The only thing it will be favoring is ganking over farming.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

True ! But ofc i like this update !

Lightbulb

Any chance we or I ( my pm folder is allways open for you, Roger ) get to see this algorithm? I wanna see how you determine player skill.

I really look forward to a balancing system. Some games are really not balanced atm, especially in public chat. Hope this will be a good system not this crap like in dl. Played a few games there when rgc bot wasnt working properly and it was horrible
    The win/loss percentage should be a main factor for this system imo, while kill/death ratio or number of played games say nothing or not really much about a players skill. We all know a good supporter with maybe 1-6 kill/death but many assists and wards is very important for the team.

Keep up ur good work rogers!
    Best regards!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast