Default Some questions about DP.

Hi, I don't know much about DP and I haven't found any informative topic about it so I've decided to ask some questions about it here (Don't think I know anyone who plays here)
    ("About DP", seems like no one has taken their time to write some information, or is it just me that isn't finding anything? -> http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthread.php?t=16242)

What's the difference between DP league/DP league2 and DP public?
    How/where/when are games hosted? Do I have to have a team/know anyone here to join? Are the games IRC based? Are players communicating through ventrilo or just warcraft chat when it comes to public?

I consider myself pretty skilled and well mannered. I can play all roles on a decent level (I mainly play carry/semi-carry/ganker but I also know how to babysit/ward/support etc.) I'm currently in a clan so we play alot of cw's. I watch competative replays frequently (at Gosugamers or streamed at Waaghtv) to check out picks, strategies and play styles.

So If I decide to join your community, where should I start/request? In DP, DP2 or DPP?

Brief summary: What is DP? How does it work? And what advantages do I get from playing in DP?

Regards Ziqqi-

Edit: I've uploaded a replay of me playing Venge, roaming from level 3 pretty successfully. I guess this should be in my vouch request. But I've just posted it here first, so you can see how skilled I am so you can get a better idea about where I should request for a vouch if I want to play here in the future. (I didn't even buy 1 ward that game, only upgraded chick in the beginning, because they were "out of stock" all the time and the game ended rather quickly (30 minutes due to !ff) . We had a Crystal Maiden and a Witch Doctor that warded all game and I guess I was too busy ganking ) But I know all the basic ward places.
    Here's the replay: http://rapidshare.com/files/34114457...qi_pH.w3g.html

The game is played on Ranked Gaming Client in the DR.Community Channel. Which is one of the many features of My Massive Gaming Network
    Last edited by Ziqqi_pH; 26-01-2010 at 05:32 AM.

There are now 3 Divisons for DP, DP is a league for high skilled players mainly Div 1 - 2 you can find all the pros playing here. However you can only get into dp2 at best, and you would have to be on a top team or be top 5 to get invite into DP1. I have never played in dp public, but Top players in dp public get invited into dp2. You can be vouched by uploading good replays of your play style. Use of ventrilo is mandatory in DP1-2 if your team asks you to use it, if they don't then you don't have to. The channels are on IRC, the games are played via garena in dota pride league room in europe or dota pride tournament room. DP Public is played directly on garena meaning the bots are located there.

Hope this helps!

So if I want to get in DP2 I would have to either make a very good request or start playing in public for a while and become top 5 (Is it based on win/lose rate?)?
    And if I get vouched for dp2/dpp, do I just join the rooms and join a game? Or is there a way I should assign for the game/and specific playtime etc?

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Ziqqi_pH View Post
    So if I want to get in DP2 I would have to either make a very good request or start playing in public for a while and become top 5 (Is it based on win/lose rate?)?
    And if I get vouched for dp2/dpp, do I just join the rooms and join a game? Or is there a way I should assign for the game/and specific playtime etc?
    Yeah you can get into dp2 with good replays of ms-hs games.
    You need to .sign games on mIRC when the teams are assigned, or you are picked by a captain you will play games in dota pride rooms on garena.

Ok thanks. I've decided to give it a shot, so I've made a vouch request at DP2. And If that fails, I guess I'll just request for public

dota pride public room on garena has about 30 people atm.. does it pick up during other times of the day?? cause i doubt we can get many games going at this rate.

Other then DP public where else would be a good place to get replays from if your not part of a clan or anything

dp public is getting bigger day by day atm we have 80-90 ppl inside . we are waiting more to come

Abby, go read my vouch request!
    I think there's only 1 staff atm that's daily approve'ing/deny'ing requests/looking at them.
    I've got 1 support from a staff, so now I need the second one

Edit: http://www.mymgn.com/board/announcement.php?f=667
    I guess I'll have to wait a while? :S
    Last edited by Ziqqi_pH; 28-01-2010 at 08:59 PM.

I have some questions about ventrilo.
    Does DP has his own ventrilo channel, if so - where can i find info about that?
    (Hostname,Port and rules)

yes we have our own vt . all answered so closed

I didn't knew that dp got ventrilo.
    Dp 2 got ventrilo too ?