Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Backdooring rule

I was wondering if this rule is actually actively enforced and if it is, why is there a rule on this? I am pretty sure that most leagues have removed any rules about backdooring.. Imo backdooring is an outdated concept now that the towers have regen and should always be allowed.

I agree on removing any restriction on BD on public games, however i think DR should keep some BD rules, since DR relies on manners and fair play.
    i don't think porting across map in defenseless base counts as fair and chivalry
    it is valid and efficient strategy, but not to polite

I don't really agree with anything you just wrote.. It is not even possible to destroy the towers (talking about base towers here) unless you have very good items. If you have very good items there are probably other easier ways to win unless enemies have very good items also.

Conclusion: backdooring is only a sensible tactic to try in late game of a game that is dragging on. And even then, you could just let them attack the tower for 20 seconds then tp there and you will have wasted 20 seconds of their time, since the tower regens everything up.

About honor and chivalry.. When I am Sven with ulti on and everyone runs away from me way past one of their towers which has 400hp left.. Is it strange that I proceed to destroy the tower while they cry backdooring because they just abandonned it? Does that mean I have no honor? Or does it mean they don't have honor?

well that would be legal entering the base, not backdoring.
    anyways good players always carry tps with them, so bd shouldn't be so easy
    btw that chivalry thing should be taken as a joke

the most vital point of your base aint the towers, but the rax. sometimes you have to chancel your push because there is the danger that you will get counterpushed when you die at another lane. or sometimes the enemy just defends sufficient enough so you have to retreat.

so the tower is down, what keeps a hero ... like ursa or any hero with manta from killing your rax if are somewhere else? sure, you can always say CARRY A TP. but there a events in lategame, where it is just not possible to defend that

Decisions like those shouldnt really belong to leagues and communities, the game itself is built to counter backdoor enough to make it a mere late-game option, and as players who like Dota we should accept the game the way it is. designing balance and gameplay is icefrog's part after all.

Frank Sinatra was the true origin of theoretical particle physics

so does anyone know whats official statement, yes to bd or not, rule or no rule?? cuz sometimes people get very lame and start flaming cuz of bd-ing
    its like,
    A: yes man
    B: no man
    A:yes it is
    B:no its not
    A:go fck yourself
    B:u too
    and soo on -.-

There currently is a rule that tells you not to backdoor. As with all rules at the moment that means you are not allowed to backdoor only in the dotarank channels. In public it is allowed, and I have no idea about the other leagues.

I hope the backdooring rule will get removed for dotarank channels aswell though.

In my opinoin BD should be allowed for non-base towers but the rest should be BDable

Backdoor rule should be removed for good. I mean if your whole team died and they have heroes that can get base tower + rax on their own w/o creeps, considering improved tower regeneration in that case, then you deserve to lose.

personally, i wouldn't mind more dotarank specific rules. after all, this is a COMMUNITY, and games should be played in a way all players find most comforting and enjoyable.
    so maybe some backdoor, hero and item-wise rules should be added.

but that are just my two cents, i like "no rules dota" too

I agree with that. So in order to make our games enjoyable we should make rules that limit farming, since farming is boring. I suggest we add a cap of max 4 creep kills allowed per minute. Medusa should be autobanned because all she can do is farm.
    I also think roaming heroes are very annoying because I get very stressed when I get ganked and I do not enjoy this. There should be a rule that prevents people from having more than 1 roaming hero, and vengeful spirit should be autobanned also.

In my book, BD is allowed, because everybody that doesn't buy tp's needs to get punished many many times before he starts doing it and loosing a game because of 135 gold is the best way to send them on track.

It never made sense to me in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEvil View Post
    I agree with that. So in order to make our games enjoyable we should make rules that limit farming, since farming is boring. I suggest we add a cap of max 4 creep kills allowed per minute. Medusa should be autobanned because all she can do is farm.
    I also think roaming heroes are very annoying because I get very stressed when I get ganked and I do not enjoy this. There should be a rule that prevents people from having more than 1 roaming hero, and vengeful spirit should be autobanned also.
    you trolling troll you

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    In my book, BD is allowed, because everybody that doesn't buy tp's needs to get punished many many times before he starts doing it and loosing a game because of 135 gold is the best way to send them on track.
    esp. when the whole team is dead.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnacnel View Post
    esp. when the whole team is dead.
    It doesn't seem like a very smart move to be all dead at the same time.

if icefrog intended not to kill towers while no own creeps are around, he would have given them indestructibility and not just regen..

Quote Originally Posted by uborlol View Post
    if icefrog intended not to kill towers while no own creeps are around, he would have given them indestructibility and not just regen..
    Truueeee....nowadays bd is allowed in most of the official tournaments/games so why not in Dr.com??
    OnCe u GeT aN uNdErStAnDiNg oF ThE GaMe, AnD WaT ThE LeVeLs n RuLeS oF ThE GaMe iS,
    ThEn ThE WorLd AiN't nO TrIck nO mOrE, ThE WorLd iS a GamE tO bE pLaYeD....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast