View Poll Results: Which platform do you prefer playing on?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garena [GGC]

22 33.33%
  • ICCUP

10 15.15%
  • Ranked Gaming Client [RGC]

34 51.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EEDL Needs your Opinions!

Hello EEDL Players,

We are need of your help! What we need to find out is what you guys think about the 2 fairly new clients which are currently in use for many different purposes. One is the ICCUP client, with Autohosting bots where games can be played. The Second is the Ranked Gaming Client [RGC for Short].

If you guys would post your opinions on these two clients, it would be really good! I will also add a pole to which you guys prefer!

Best Regards,
    EEDL-Staff

Born to kill, Kill to thrill.

Alloa,

I think you guys should stick to Garena because RGC is still in Beta and even if I think it is better than Garena, there are still a lot of work to be done ^^ But I do think that RGC will be the main plateform in the future
    тнєʀє αʀє ɴо ѕєϲʀєтѕ то ѕuϲϲєѕѕ - ίτ ίѕ тнє ʀєѕuʟт σf ρʀєραʀαтίσɴ, нαʀᴅ ωσʀk αɴᴅ ʟєαʀɴίɴɢ fʀσм fαίʟuʀє

Iccup=no lags,no delay and always host

RGC of course :-)

Well if you look at it Garena has its own little corner to cry in. ICCUP and RGC are essentially the same in termy of functionality, both platforms provide a game hosted on their servers. The only difference is that ICCUP requires wc3 bnet, an outdated platform, whilst RGC can do anything, it's more flexible and it will be possible to get new features for the leagues as well as the players.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

I think we need 2 types of games

like iccup and garena

sometimes iccup servers lag => then we play garena
    if on iccup all good we play there

i think it's will be great

Garena have been hacked , and people start to abuse it , start to sell accounts with premium/platinium . garena become a shit because of those stupid asians who have no idea how to manage a server and to install security on it. RGC !
    " Herb its a plant " ( Bob Marley )

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers View Post
    RGC of course :-)
    Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    Right on with you.

voted for Garena, iCCup is goddamn laggy evenings, trust me!
    and RGC is still in its Beta so...
    Last edited by slotuss; 29-06-2010 at 11:01 AM.

garena isn't an option , because they are supporting hackers.
    " Herb its a plant " ( Bob Marley )

Quote Originally Posted by JubaIsJuba View Post
    Just remove Garena from the list of the suggestions because Garena does not suport EEDL anymore!

The day you find a good guy to hundle it! not a stupid kid romanian that thinks he is a big ''hacker''

The EEDL room is closed and I will care myself about it. go back to DotA Pride!

Also, kiddoq don't lie the commuinty, you should tell them that you flamed Juba without reason and now Juba is fucking you up.

EEDL will be reopened the days Kiddoq gets kicked from the staf team and the day day he learn what respect means

I miss drakaz when he left EEDL it became a shity league.
    too rude but sup
    Last edited by slotuss; 30-06-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Well, rgc is still in beta, what does that mean, that is just rogers way of saying, "I haven't done all i have planed", and knowing RGC plans for future, it will still be in beta for a long long time. Now, features that we can offer to eedl and rest of leagues that no other platform can, are totally customizable channel, with custom ranks, color, you can even make your own commands.

Then you say there is server overload issue and lag with iccup client, well rgc doesn't have that isue, well it does, but because of its modularity, you can have, for example, our official bots(on our server), your custom bots, and if all of them fail player hosting. Atm I am developing a manger and channel operator bot for Ranked public at rgc, if you have any desire we can update that to become one redundant and fast system that will unite all 3 ways of hosting games into one.

And what can we offer that garena doesn't have, is supportive staff that will help you in a way that we can, that will not interfere in your operations, and you will have total control over your channel or even more channels. At the moment i guess that like all other leagues you use IRC + garena + team speak/ventilo, with rgc there is no need for irc, because RGC it self is IRC like gaming platform, and i have plans for future to develop VOIP module for RGC . We dont support hackers, i personally enjoy catching MH or gold trade hacks and permanently baning them from client.

Zemunac

RGC staff
    Last edited by Zemunac; 29-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.

RGC might be in beta but make no mistake the client is fully functional and can host this np. Maphackers are computer banned which insures they dont play in the client anymore. RGC got my vote

Ranked Gaming Client tutorial for version 4.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctJHWfSIgxg
    Ranked Gaming Client tutorial : Getting vouched - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bd6rqNrchE
    How to change your client`s sounds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3DPKD4X7M
    Hitler gets unvouched from DotARank - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd6...m-dotarank_fun

Keep League bots on IRC, and play games on RGC.

RGC for sure
    de-xtc on Irc
    Best Regards !
    x_T_c

Quote Originally Posted by flechh View Post
    Keep League bots on IRC, and play games on RGC.
    Would you mind telling me why you would prefer having league bots on mIRC when you can have them on RGC?
    тнєʀє αʀє ɴо ѕєϲʀєтѕ то ѕuϲϲєѕѕ - ίτ ίѕ тнє ʀєѕuʟт σf ρʀєραʀαтίσɴ, нαʀᴅ ωσʀk αɴᴅ ʟєαʀɴίɴɢ fʀσм fαίʟuʀє

If I remember correctly Rogers said League bots have to be written in c++ for RGC so that might take a lot of his time which he can spend upgrading/updating the client ( taking into consideration how eedl irc bots are coded with more features/commands than old IDEC league bot had or DotA Pride bots had )

Also why change the place of the league bots when everyone is already familiar with using mIRC.
    Last edited by flechh; 29-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.

in what are written current bots? maybe we can provide some interface for current bot to think that it is on irc? We did same for playdota.eu channel bot and made it think that RGC is just another battle.net realm.

i am not vouch in eedl but for me iccup

iccup --> no lags, no hacker, and always host

Quote Originally Posted by flechh View Post
    If I remember correctly Rogers said League bots have to be written in c++ for RGC so that might take a lot of his time which he can spend upgrading/updating the client ( taking into consideration how eedl irc bots are coded with more features/commands than old IDEC league bot had or DotA Pride bots had )

Also why change the place of the league bots when everyone is already familiar with using mIRC.
    Actually I'm already creating a RGC-EEDL leaguebot right now. Obviously the EEDL bot has a lot of features, so not all of them are included. The plan is that the leaguebot can be changed from IRC to RGC if the community does want that aswell and is ready for it. I'm trying to make the leaguebot copy as exact as possible and enhance it in a few places.

Of course it will be shown to you guys and if you are happy with it then you can use it. If not you can stay with the IRC bots. The reason for changing the bot from IRC to RGC is that RGC offers a lot as a platform that GGC + IRC just can't. For example right now only a few people have access to the bot with a password, the RGC leaguebot will automatically host a game for you guys :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers View Post
    Actually I'm already creating a RGC-EEDL leaguebot right now. Obviously the EEDL bot has a lot of features, so not all of them are included. The plan is that the leaguebot can be changed from IRC to RGC if the community does want that aswell and is ready for it. I'm trying to make the leaguebot copy as exact as possible and enhance it in a few places.

Of course it will be shown to you guys and if you are happy with it then you can use it. If not you can stay with the IRC bots. The reason for changing the bot from IRC to RGC is that RGC offers a lot as a platform that GGC + IRC just can't. For example right now only a few people have access to the bot with a password, the RGC leaguebot will automatically host a game for you guys :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    Are you the eedl leader to decide where to keep a league bot? What i think IRC is the best idea...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast