Default Official Gaming Platform: RGC

EEDL presents to you: RGC

We would like to present to you our new gaming platform for you guys. Ranked Gaming Client (RGC) is like Garena + IRC, with the small difference that games are currently all hosted by hostbots and anyone can host.

You can download RGC here: http://www.rankedgaming.com/client/RGC.zip
    To be able to enter our EEDL channel, you need to be vouched. To get vouched, make a post here: RGC Vouching

The way it works
    After you have organised your game in our IRC channel, all you have to do is head over to the RGC channel and sign for a game. Only the 10 players of the arranged match are allowed to sign for a game, anyone found to sign for fun and cause problems to the hosting of the game may be banned from EEDL.

After 10 people sign, the game will automatically be hosted and displayed in LAN. An introduction video on how RGC works and all the correct steps to play a game can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2vWCFafK3w

A quick summary:
    *Dont start WC3 by using Garena. RGC has a DotA button which launches WC3 or you can start WC3 normally.
    *Your LAN name has to be exactly the same as your RGC name. (Clan tags not included)

If you encounter any problems with RGC, please make a post here:
    http://www.mymgn.com/board/forumdisp...Support-Center

We hope that you will enjoy your games on EEDL's new official gaming platform.

Best Regards,
    EEDL Staff
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

good job

Best Regards,
    EEDL Staff
    European Elite Dota League!

great news , hope it will be useful when people will go crazy with hostbots on garena shit !
    " Herb its a plant " ( Bob Marley )

usa bot?¿?

Quote Originally Posted by IceSoul View Post
    usa bot?¿?
    The standard hostbots have a fibre-optic link to New York. We have a few USA players and they all say the quality is great.

USA bots can be added to the system tough if needed, that's not an issue.

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

OK, One quick question , that chat there is irc? so u can like join /j dotacw.euro for example and see w/e u see logged on irc? .... or im just dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by medo- View Post
    OK, One quick question , that chat there is irc? so u can like join /j dotacw.euro for example and see w/e u see logged on irc? .... or im just dreaming
    You're dreaming

I just made it look like IRC because people are familiar with that, the chat is very different itself.
    The problem wiht IRC are the tons of different servers and everything, there is no one single global IRC service. I didn't like that about IRC, in RGC it's all going to be one server, always. That's the plan anyway :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers

Anyway , really nice job, hope u can get it more promoted since ppl told me that RGC is alive for almost a year already and i never heard of it....

so, may be that's good, coming 2 days of starting this feature and result: noone have RGC and did't vouched that (only 5-10 players), players have got used GGC and most players don't want to change game platform(!). I advise to think about it.
    Last edited by arcan; 13-07-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Best Regards,
    EEDL Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arcan View Post
    so, may be that's good, coming 2 days of starting this feature and result: noone have RGC and did't vouched that (only 5-10 players), players have got used GGC and most players don't want to change game platform(!). I advise to think about it.
    Surely because EEDL admins sucks and don't know how to make them switch to RGC. You seriously think that EEDL players often visit this forum?
    тнєʀє αʀє ɴо ѕєϲʀєтѕ то ѕuϲϲєѕѕ - ίτ ίѕ тнє ʀєѕuʟт σf ρʀєραʀαтίσɴ, нαʀᴅ ωσʀk αɴᴅ ʟєαʀɴίɴɢ fʀσм fαίʟuʀє

Quote Originally Posted by DrakaZ View Post
    You seriously think that EEDL players often visit this forum?
    I think so, most EEDL players don't visit forum.

Best Regards,
    EEDL Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arcan View Post
    I think so, most EEDL players don't visit forum.
    Okay, so I suggest you to talk to every player and tell them what RGC is and why it would be a good idea to switch to this program. If you expect them to come to the forum and ask for a vouch, you won't have many players on RGC. You must ask them if they would be interested in playing on RGC, if they say yes, just vouch him, don't tell me him to make a request on the forum ...

It is you who wants the players on a new plateform, it is already hard to make them move so if you ask them to do a few things, they'll be pissed.
    тнєʀє αʀє ɴо ѕєϲʀєтѕ то ѕuϲϲєѕѕ - ίτ ίѕ тнє ʀєѕuʟт σf ρʀєραʀαтίσɴ, нαʀᴅ ωσʀk αɴᴅ ʟєαʀɴίɴɢ fʀσм fαίʟuʀє

Drakaz totally retard . RGC WILL BE USED BY PLAYERS WHEN they will understand GARENA hosts SUCKS . we have 2 gaming platforms now . HF
    " Herb its a plant " ( Bob Marley )

^ What he said!

No on a more serious note. I believe that RGC is much better than Garena. Of course it's still missing some features and everything as it is a beta platform and hasn't been developed as long as Garena has. Aside from that, it is not our job to force people to do something, when the EEDL garena channel gets hacked again or players wait 40minutes to organise a host because either noone has the hostbot passwords or none of the players can serve as a neutral host for everyone. Then people should realize that it's easier to sign with all 10 on RGC and get the game instantly on a reliable hostbot.

It's fine with me that people don't read the forums a lot, or want to make this new move now. There is no rush, I believe that everything will come in due time. And the longer they wait, the more time I have to make RGC better :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers