The legendary captain from LGD.sGty revealed to myMYM that he left the team but will now be a coach for them. It looks like that coaches are very important in the DotA scene and you surely noticed it during ESWC in Paris with another top Chinese team, EHOME where their coach played an important role in their victory.

The EHOME's manager called DC was not able to attend to this year's WCG China and as a result, they ended up at the third place. Is it a coincidence? I do not think so, I really think that a coach can be motivating in important matches especially if this coach was a professional player himself and that is why that LGD.sGty will do tremendously well with 2009 as a coach.

Here is what 2009 said in this statement translated by MYM|MrOw from myMYM.com:
"After this WCG, there are rumours about you retiring to work as a coach instead. What is the real situation? Who will replace you?" I will try to answer this question.

While making this decison, it was hard for me. It means that I will have to give up a lot and face whole new challenges. In reminescence to 2009's FTD, we can say that this year that there are more people supporting us. The expecting eyes, voices of encouragements at LAN touched me deeply, I thank everybody for this chance of using DotA, this passionate game to relate to our fans on behalf of our team.

As for every DotA professional player, a championship title is the best reward. 2010's LGD.sGty got the championship title for U9 Cup and 2 in a row for G-League, however in tournaments such as ESWC, ACG and WCG we lost in the final stages, and lost two chances in representing China overseas. This is a solid fact, and championship title will only be one, that is the beauty of e-Sports. A game like DotA which is 5v5, a lot of aspects are included. To my understanding of the game, the crucial aspect which can influence the match's outcome is the mindset of the players.

As a captain which did not lead my team to victory, I thought long and hard. With these results, in my opinion that lack of concentration is a minor problem. The main problem lies with me, the spiritual leader of the tea, does not have the strong urge for championship like FTD in year 2009. Last year's IEM, FTD's virgin tournament, was vs Zhou and Insence as well. ( cD, now Nirvana.GiGa.cn) This year's WCG, we are much stronger than our team in 2009, also means we had more confidence in beating strong teams. However the results were opposite, compared to my amazing Viper in last year's IEM. This year my Rasta, after killing Lion and getting rune of speed. I chose not to go mid and went to top to help out my team is one of the things which show my impatientness.

The win and loss of every DotA game is accounted to all 5 people in the team, however I am not satisfied with the outcomes and will not wait for us to continue losing. We need changes. The first thing which needs to change is my mindset. From Kingsurf to NV.my, Malaysia to China, Chuan has changed a lot of teams, the one thing that did not change for him is his wish to become champion. Those changes may be due to other reasons, but from what I can see I'm touched by his enthusiasm. You will find him playing for us during IEM, I hope that him joining can recall our urges for championship titles, which is something we direly need. The regretting thing is that he is Malaysian citizen, he can not play the Chinese National e-Sports tournament in 8th of August. I will use IEM as a holiday for myself, I will step down from captain and act as a coach and use my experience to guide my team through difficulties. This will count as a holiday for myself during IEM to change my mindset and return to the stage for the National Tournament on 8th of August.

Finally, thanks to Bryan (Star) and N, Tianyijue is amazing, great graphic and in-game data analysis. New heroes brings new experiences. Also thanks to my team-mates and the friends that continue to support us.

27/07/2010 3pm
Moreover, there was a rumor saying that the Malyasian player, ChuaN would be joining LGD.sGty to replace 2009 but it turns out that the rumor is wrong and ChuaN denied it in an interview with SGamer. Nonetheless, he will be joining another Chinese team, ToT.

Source: myMYM & SGamer (Chinese)