Default IDSE is looking for a clan

Hi there,

I guess you've already understood, I'm looking for a clan.

I play DotA for about a year, and I wanna improve my skills, get more knowledge and so more.
    For the time being, I'm playing on pubs, but I think that won't help me a lot to improve myself...

So. What am I expecting ? (in a clan)

- Have fun, first
    - Improve my skills
    - Get more knowledge
    - Renew my way of playing
    - Mutual learning
    - Clanwars, asm.

About me:

- Aged 22
    - Belgian
    - Student in economics

PM me:

- If you have some questions to ask me about me or the topic (no spam pls)
    - If you wanna test me

In the meantime, I wish you a good afternoon.
    IDSE.

Pretty sure most clans would ask for your dota history (member of other clans in the past, leagues you've played in) as well as replays.
    Then again it's just what I would do, but since I'm not in a clan either I can't offer you anything else.

Hello, that's really good that you want to improve your skill by joining a clan. Unfortunately, regarding your DotA history, I doubt that you will find a team, if you find one, I doubt it will be a good one.

So my advice is for you is to stop playing public games and start in leagues. Just by playing leagues and -cm matches, you will improve a lot your personal skill but also your team play.

As soon as you think you have reached a good level, you can start forming a team or join one. I would prefer forming a team with people I have already played with so it will take less time to develop your team play and you would know the temper of everyone.

Regarding leagues, you can play in DotaInvite, that's seriously a good league with good players and good manner. You may not have the best players in Europe but the level is still interesting. Then, I can suggest you to play in EEDL but I doubt you have the level to play here.

I hope it helped,
    Aremys

Just a question; to play league, must I have a team ?
    So you advise me to play on DotaInvite league. But how can I ? It maybe seems simple for you, but I'm new in this world of competitive gaming ...

Btw, thanks for helping.
    IDSE

Quote Originally Posted by IDSE View Post
    Just a question; to play league, must I have a team ?
    So you advise me to play on DotaInvite league. But how can I ? It maybe seems simple for you, but I'm new in this world of competitive gaming ...

Btw, thanks for helping.
    IDSE
    No, you do not need to be in a team to play in some leagues. I am not sure how the DotaInvite system currently works but when I was playing it, people had to write an application with their DotA history on this page: http://forums.dotainvite.eu/

Whether you have to write an application or whether the admins invite people so you are not able to play it unless you are good enough and admins invite you.

Well, to enter DI:

# At least 3 replays with description, where you play 3 different herotypes against skilled opponents. We do not accept replays from public games. Please use the replay facility here to upload your games.

Well, I think I don't have the level of skills right now. But, I really don't know how to get it if I don't enter a clan. It's quite complicated.

Somebody have to teach me IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by IDSE View Post
    Well, to enter DI:

# At least 3 replays with description, where you play 3 different herotypes against skilled opponents. We do not accept replays from public games. Please use the replay facility here to upload your games.

Well, I think I don't have the level of skills right now. But, I really don't know how to get it if I don't enter a clan. It's quite complicated.

Somebody have to teach me IMO.
    Well, join mIRC and try to play with random teams in some fun wars. Or you can possibly play leagues from RGC (Ranked Gaming Client)

By join mIRC and try to play with random teams in some fun wars, you mean the RGC chat and pubs games ? If not, can you explain me please ?

I know I'm asking lots of questions... I don't want to bother you

There are much leagues to play solo ^^
    Hi my friends.

Well, if you only had one year of public games, I doubt you will be happy to join DotaInvite, because this league does feature quite strong players, as people like MYM|Mania used to play there.

mIRC is quite a known chat program, and it has channels that are exclusively for DotA Clanwars etc.
    I haven't used it a lot, but I doubt that if you don't know many people, you're gonna find a team to play with easily.

There is the possibility of playing Leagues on our client, but the upper tier ones are too hard to join I think with that much experience, but the DotaRank Community (DR.Community) is a good place to get a little bit more into competetive play (we mainly play CM mode) - sorry for shameless advertising :P. As we have no real skill-border, you will encounter both, worse and better players than you, but i think with 1 year of pub-experience only (no offense), the level should suffice.
    If you feel like having no resistance in DR.Com, you can apply for higher-tier leagues, such as DpL or DR.Inhouse.

Alternatively to our platform, you could also join www.dota-league.com, or www.dotapickup.com (which i think is better). Both again have sections where you can look for a clan.
    Under Construction

Thank you all for helping me.

Well, I think I found my path; a FR league(I'm Fr speaker) - ARGH DotA League - on Garena. I'll stick in it and will rate my skills compared to others.

I can onlt suggest #dota.gc in addition to all you mentioned - I haven't played there yet(time issues), but by taking a look at the player statistics page there, i'd say there are quite a few HS people. No applications required.
    You cast Thundergod's Wrath.
    Your Thundergod's Wrath hits random Hero for 147 damage. (157 absorbed) (283 resisted) (347 eaten by wolves) (108 abused by Michael Jackson)