Default Laning strategy when you dual mid.

Hey, I wanna see if we can discuss strategy here.

So, let's say that your opponent picks a very strong solo mid, such as doom, and you don't have a solo that can compete with. So you decide to send a dual lane mid to counter him.

Then you have no choice, you are left with another dual lane and a solo.

Your opponent decides to go trilane + solo.

Would you better go solo/solo and dual/tri or dual/solo and solo/tri?

In a game that I played recently, we were dual/solo and solo/tri but I decided to swap for solo/solo and dual/tri. I think I made the wrong choice cause their solo dominated our solo and their trilane dominated our dual. And in this game, if you dominate 2 lanes you win in 99% of the cases. So I guess dual/solo and solo/tri is better.

kinda meaningless discussion. depends 100% on picks...

it depends highly on picks, but i would put a solo on all lanes and permaroam with 2 to give the solo vs solo lanes a big laning advantage. ganging the solo vs tri when you have the lvl advantage is possible too.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserKraft View Post
    kinda meaningless discussion. depends 100% on skill...

Given, that the laning opponents are equally skilled, I think it's better to have at least one dominant lane, so, swapping the solo with the dual lane against a tri doesn't sound like a good decision to me. However, as Laserkraft said, it depends a lot on the picks, maybe the dual lane is very well able to fight off a trilane, and then it's no problem, actually better to have their 2nd solo lane dominated by your 2nd dual lane.
    A hero like Razor is quite a good choice on a dual lane against a triple lane for instance, because of his passive and his aoe nuke, you could pair him with an Earthshaker that is lurking in the woods to give you the possibility of killing somebody.
    Under Construction

Id hold out until I can get light weapons +1 before building your proxy rax ontop of the bomb, then you can at least camp the flag before ion cannon is up, imo, just imo tho tbh.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I just grate some cheese and dual it with some hot beans before comboing it over my toast.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Given, that my toast is capable of withstanding the inevitable absorption of the tomato bean juice long enough, I can rush down middle with my knife and fork to achieve the crunch I was strategizing for. But, with all early push strategies, if you dont end it quick, it all goes soggy.

Thx for your answers.
    I guess the anwser is that in most case you will put dual/solo and solo/tri, unless your solo is better than the other, and that you have a strong defensive dual lane.

No problem. Always glad to help out.

I am not really a fan of such conversations because you need a real example and not some suppositions. If you could attach a replay, it would be easier for people to give their opinion and help you out.

In my opinion, a Shadow Fiend/Morphling/Necro/Lion is good enough against Doom but if I were in this situation, I would not change lanes but I would have a roamer to annoy this Doom and try to kill him in early game.

Here you go:
    http://replay.garena.com/view.php?id=4c87b2dd68bc9
    That was a cm, didnt want to pick but there was nobody else.

Their pick as scourge:
    doom mid
    necro top
    sven thrall wd bot

My pick:
    pl cm mid
    ck aa top
    invo bot