Default IdrA talks about patch 1.1

The well known Zerg player who recently teamed-up with Evil Geniuses, Greg 'IdrA' Fields wrote an article on myEG.net regarding the new patch. A lot of players have been thinking of switching race in the future notably DIMAGA and FruitSeller. Will this patch change their mind?

Here is an extract of the article he wrote:
    The reaper, as well as the bunker, had their build times increased by 5 seconds in response to the reaper bunker rushes that were popular late in the beta and early post-release. This also slows down the 3 or 5 barracks mass reaper builds that are now popular, but this only slightly weakens one of terran's many aggressive openings vs zerg. Center rax reaper rushes still hard counter hatchery first builds, which is the only thing that was unique about reaper builds. All other terran aggression, hellions, hellion drops, banshees, bio allins, tank allins, thor allins, remains mostly untouched. The balance problems in early game ZvT come down to the fact that terran is simply stronger and much more diverse early on, zerg has to rely on hard counters to have any chance to survive, but cant scout in time to implement them. Blizzard, by nerfing the reaper, only addresses one of the many builds terrans can do instead of the underlying problem and as long as they approach it like this the matchup will remain imbalanced. The tank's damage was also changed from 50 to 35+15 vs armored, but this is essentially irrelevant in ZvT, they will now kill hydras in 3 shots instead of 2, but hydras are not usable vs terran because of their poor mobility and ridiculously low hp. It also has a minor effect on zerglings and banelings, they now take 3 shots instead of 2 in the outer radius of splash damage, but the first and second radii are unchanged. As with the slight decrease in ultralisk damage, this will be important in some specific situations but is not something that is really significant in terms of overall balance.
    You can read his full article by clicking on this link

He's got valid points but I'd rather hear what he has to suggest.

Criticising Blizzard is easy. Coming up with non-gamebreaking yet balancing suggestions is hard. At least I know I can't think that far/deep so that's what I'd rather read about.

Quote της χρονιάς 2013:
    ( Click to show/hide )

(Σε admin abuse report για "άκυρο ban για mh".)
    Quote Originally Posted by pondering View Post
    Pantws fyi to mh htan kleisto apo thn stigmh pou to eides kai meta. To exw mono kai mono otan eimai apolyta sigouros oti kapoios paizei me mh kai mono tote to anoigw opote min dikaiologeis ton eauto sou oti exases logw autou. Ta leme se kapoio allo game pou tha xaseis apo mena.

Quote Originally Posted by K[a]ne View Post
    He's got valid points but I'd rather hear what he has to suggest.

Criticising Blizzard is easy. Coming up with non-gamebreaking yet balancing suggestions is hard. At least I know I can't think that far/deep so that's what I'd rather read about.
    He would certainly have to say a lot about terrans and he would need 6-8 pages to say all what he does not like in this race