Default Nefai's Application

IGN: Nefai
    What country are you from? USA

Why should you be able to build?

How else can I prove my value to the community?

What building style do you prefer?

I am not exactly sure what you mean by, "style".

As to what I've built in the past: many types of houses (from wooden beach-houses to cliff-top log cabins to stone complexes), castles in many shapes and sizes, fountains in glass and stone. The more I learn, the more I branch out.

As to how I build: I usually lay it out in Excel beforehand, use lots of dirt scaffolding, and try to blend it into the environment as much as possible.

Why do you want to play on our server?

I saw your server on Reddit and popped in. Everyone who was online seemed very nice, which is the most important thing. It seems like a good group of folks who all like to help each other out. It was interesting to see the country of origin as people logged in. I had no idea I was playing with people from so many different countries!

The entire starting area is amazing: an organization and cleanliness I haven't seen on other servers. The epic scale and attention to detail in the Pirate Bay and the sports stadiums, and the rest of that area, show me once again how much I have yet to learn.

I also overheard you talking about going RP now that the massive initial projects are winding down, which is what I prefer, especially once we set off to make our own personal retreats. It is MINEcraft after all.

What will you contribute?

In town: Mostly manual labor at first, I imagine, while I learn to build on a larger scale and in closer proximity to others.

Beyond Town: I don't really know what I'd build yet. I have been looking around the google map for places to check out in-game. I am usually inspired by something I come across, and that determines what I will build.

I am a very efficient miner, I always keep a tree farm up for steady wood flow, and I am OCD about keeping the landscape looking natural when harvesting materials on the surface (like Sand). So once we go RP, I'd have plenty of materials to contribute without devastating the landscape.

Previous Creations:

I made a 1 minute video of my current SMP castle. This was built entirely on an existing land formation.

and here's one of my "Decorative Waterladder". Nice looking fountain but also a functioning ladder.

Last edited by Nefai; 14-10-2010 at 03:42 AM. Reason: I realized I could post the video here instead of making you copy and paste a hyperlink.

Welcome, we are glad to have you... even though you are an Apple guy :P