Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aravis View Post
    Awesome, but not viable for safelow games, as the rotation is too fast with players get kicked because someone higher wants to join. That would lead to spam.

Starting from that my suggestion

new-player
    beginner
    greenhorn
    average-player
    midskilled-player
    highclass-player
    top-player
    vip-player
    premium-player
    platinum-player
    leagueadmin

further than that keep aware that everything that can be abused, will be abused.

some ideas on priviliges:
    Possiblily to kick players in lobby if they have a rank of 3 or more below you.

Some high class should have the option to send someone 100exp for nice play, eg at the cost of 50exp, so it doesnt get abused.

Expire low/high games to make bot host league games would also be nice for a high class.

Spoofcheck priority for higher class

Beeing able to kickobs with lower class, even though not gamemaster

Beeing immune to kickobs if you are premium and above

Having 2 votes to kick stupid fags ( so only 3 others have to vote)

Possible to kick even though the one to kick has neutral stats (see current case of shakrina)

Negative streak gets a cap at -40

And i would appreciate, instead of letting the bot choose a random side, make the game doing it.
    The command for it is -rs (-randomside)

I found your idea very good. All of these, ranks and privileges. I'll think & i'll discuss it with HANS.
    Thank you.
    ΣΑΣ ΠΙΤΣΙΛΑΩ!

Great idea! Just find suitable and catchy names
    I own.

having rank-titles sounds like a good idea, however:

you should keep in mind that people with lower exp are not necessarily less skilled than people with higher exp, e.g. people who just joined div and need some time to gather their exp.

so i suggest you chose titles which don't involve anything like "low/mid/highskilled" etc.
    instead, you could use the balance exp as it is a combination of exp and winrate.
    but i'd prefer ranks which resemble overall experience (also with the div mechanics etc.), so i'd go with fancy, individual titles instead of depending on winrate stuff.

so how about something more abstract? e.g. wc3 itself uses peon, grunt, shaman, chieftain. several custom maps and other games use military ranks. to me, those kinds of ranks sound much better than the generic "bad, average, good" ranks. but it should be something most people can relate to and it should always be possible to tell which rank is higher than the other.
    my personal favorite: military ranks. why?
    1. since apparently only few ranks are needed, people should be able to tell the rank-order between something like Private, Lieutenant, Captain, General etc.
    2. while skill is probably also important for a military rank, the focus is put on combat/war experience (= experience with div-mechanics).
    3. it's just so damn cool if you can answer with "yes captain"

3. it's just so damn cool if you can answer with "yes captain"
    sorry dude, but these ranks just sound hardcore gay

agree on laoshra ^^
    its funny if you start new ( or over :P ) and u get flamed in safelow that u pwn noobs cuz ur too bad for safehigh ( makes no sense lulz )
    but ranks should be combined together with win ratio and / or experience and then u need only 5 ranks or sth.

0 % - 50% with less than 5k xp : cannon fodder more than 5k xp: experienced veteran
    50-75% with less than 5k xp : upward climber more than 5k xp: airborned
    80% - 99% with less than 5k xp: wannabe more than 5k xp: proofed Skiller

100% : 1337 Pro ^^ ( 5k or less ) 5k or more xp: omg thats impossible asdfasdfasdf ... fucking GOD

this can be expanded to more ranks or just getting simplified

Quote Originally Posted by o.O]Mentiroso View Post
    agree on laoshra ^^
    its funny if you start new ( or over :P ) and u get flamed in safelow that u pwn noobs cuz ur too bad for safehigh ( makes no sense lulz )
    but ranks should be combined together with win ratio and / or experience and then u need only 5 ranks or sth.

0 % - 50% with less than 5k xp : cannon fodder more than 5k xp: experienced veteran
    50-75% with less than 5k xp : upward climber more than 5k xp: airborned
    80% - 99% with less than 5k xp: wannabe more than 5k xp: proofed Skiller

100% : 1337 Pro ^^ ( 5k or less ) 5k or more xp: omg thats impossible asdfasdfasdf ... fucking GOD

this can be expanded to more ranks or just getting simplified
    not a good idea imo. i dont even know anybody who has 70% with 100-200 games (except those lockabusers). at the beginning high rate is possible but with mass games everybody is between 40-60%

i've worked myself up from something like 54% to 65% - while already playing leauge. never ever used lock and always playing with the same hero. i don't abuse remake, but i sometimes leave games before they start when i notice the winrates being extremely unbalanced (e.g. two ppl with 93%+ in the opponent team). so overall i think 70% and more is definately possible without any kind of abuse :P

but as i mentioned in my earlier post, winrate should not matter so much for this. exp is influenced by wins already, could at most use the balance-exp instead.

as for the "hardcore gay" titles, you are probably quite alone with your oppinion. i didnt make these up, i've observed them in various other games and even wc3 custom maps. also its just an example ffs :P i just dont want anything with "skill" in the title, it's just not adequate imo.
    Last edited by LaoshRa; 11-12-2010 at 01:52 PM.

don't know how much games you've played...

don't take it personally, but i think i'm speaking for nearly the whole community when i say those ranks are pretty gay. don't wanna see "generals" or wtf

aromdm!!!!xD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12