Default Staff Application - Hades)

Hello everybody,
    my name is Hades and I am 17 years old. I am about to finish school this summer and then I am going to study economics at a university in Germany.
    In fact that my mother is from Greece and my father from England, I am able to speak German, formal English, Greek and some basic French.
    I am not really able of writing Greek but I am able to write in English, German or French.
    Furthermore, at school my advanced courses are Economics and English.

Usually, I am playing at DotAlicious-gaming, skill level 3 and furthermore I call MaNia- one of my mates.
    Therefore, I have already gained some experience in DotA and due to my career in serveral clans (e^, SyS, NE) I did also execute much DotA-related work. Beforehand, I was used to play on DIV-League, which is also a league on MyMGN, that is where I gained some more forum-experience.

At the moment, I am highly active in the DotAscene, so that I am currently playing around five or six games a day.

Generally, I am spending much time in forums, scanning through articles either on playdota.com or on other websites such as dotacommentaries.com, which I am following daily. On the one hand, I am reading through the DIV-League-section and on the other hand, I am also participating in their discussions. Furthermore I am watching the Dotalicious-gaming.com forum every day. Most of the time, I am watching all those sites daily.

However, I would really enjoy becoming an admin in the unban-section, but nevertheless I would not dare to reject another staff occupation. Anyway I do not have any problems with the fact, that there are admins / directors above me, since I am very well able to handle orders and constructive criticism.

Firstly, I was support-admin on DotA-League some time ago, where I had to handle several supports from DL-members which stated me their problems, which I was trying to solve.
    Secondly, I am admin at DotA-tournaments.com, a small website for tourneys and matches between low-midskilled clans, where I am organizing the website itself and writing the news with the local headadmin, IK.
    Thirdly, I was used to be a moderator / mediator in my former clans, such as SyS or NE, where I was confronted with users who had an arguement and were looking for someone to solve their problems.

Anyway, I have knowledge about using Hostbots, according commands and since I am one of Clan T0P's Teamspeak admins I know how to handle this program. I do not know much about codeing or webspell but I had one year of Java lessons in school. Furthermore, I am using gameclients like Garena, RGC or Dotalicious and dislike playing public games on battle.net with programs like Listchecker or VCK. However, I am using DotAzilla in my games, to gain more information about my own playing style.
    Since I am playing DotA for about 6 years actively now, I gathered very much experience in online-communication and DotA-related work in general.

As a conclusion, I would like to put my stated points in a nutshell, I would like to become a staff member, because I want to play in a nicely working league, which I can also help to be built up.

The current staff should choose me, because I am a total DotA-addict and forumjunky, I adore playing with skilled people and like DotA-related work.

I want to change the status quo with my own ideas, with my participation in discussions and I would enjoy seeing how my work does positively affect this league and DotA in general.

However, I am looking foreward to enlarge my horizon for playing DotA and therefore I want to participate in this league activly as a staff member and as a player.

To put the cherry on the cake, I love DotA, DotA-related work and having a league with a great community would be awesome, thats why I want to participate.

Best regards,
    Hades), 17

Last edited by Hades); 13-03-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    "To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

Nice-written and interesting application mate.
    You have my Support.
    I think it would be better to send it as a private message to Arsis though, since offtopic isnt the right place for a staff application
    Arsis will decide about your future . . .

Default Impressive

I am sure I talk for the whole Staff that we are tired from that question-answer-shit. Congratulations, you are the first one who got enough brain to write an worthy Application for a position in Staff.

Furthermore you seems like a friendly guy and very experienced in DotA, at least it is readable from your Signature. But thats not the primary point. You got an idea what we want to do here, and, what counts more, you collect some experiences in organizing, administration and support.

Normally I'm critical: Every Application got pros and cons, but I read yours three times and I still got no point where you could improve yourself. I'm kinda sad

I don't know what is the problem, he wants to introduce himself to the community and want some opinions, why should he pm it to CoRsX? Actually we should be impressed that he got the brain to post it here and not in any Sub-Forum for Admin-Applications.

Therefore a clear Support from my side. But as always, CoRsX have the last word.

Go check out #UDL.EU at IRC, and we'll speak with you there. Just query me once you arrive.