Default How to make actions and looping

Hi guys!! I'm new in the forum I have some questions :P

I'm having some issues on Warcraft 3 world editor and I'm here to seek help ^^

I found a guy with the same problem as me... there it is:

"I make a new custom hero based off Tinker. I place the custom Tinker in the Human's altar. I go into Game Constants and put the custom Tinker in the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero. Without changing anything about the custom Tinker I would go play the map. But I can pick the custom Tinker as much as I want as long as I keep upgrading the main building. The custom heroes follow the three hero rule and that you have to upgrade in order to pick another hero, but the custom heroes seem to have an infinite stock. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to prevent this, so that I can only pick a custom hero only once? Thanks!"

And the solution that was given to him was this (And he said it worked):
    "Use this trigger action:

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    --- Loop - Actions
    ------- Player - Limit training of Custom Tinker Hero to 1 for (Picked player)"

But I can't understand this at all... can some explain me step by step how do I do this plz? Thanks for wasting your time with this mesirable newbie XD

Hello and welcome to the site! I'm so glad to see that there are people still attached to the World Editor :]

Okay, first of all, I'll be moving your post to the Helpdesk section. The FAQ/How section is a place to post guides.

Now, on to your problem.

There is a more appropriate way in order to limit your hero into one per player.
    Go to the Object Editor, go to your unit (Tinker or whatever). You'll notice a set of values. Now, in order to make your hero 'appropriate', you might need to change these specific values:

* Art - Button Position (X) - This is the 'X' (horizontal) position of your Hero in the Altar.
    * Art - Button Position (Y) - This is the 'Y' (vertical) position of your Hero in the Altar.
    * Stats - Gold Cost - How much gold your hero will cost.
    * Stats - Lumber Cost - How much lumber your hero will cost.
    * Stats - Food Cost - Hero food cost. Probobly 0 for your map.
    * Stats - Stock Maximum - Change to 1, so that the Altar shows there's only one of that type.
    * Stats - Stock Start Delay - DotA uses 15 seconds. It's the time in which you can't buy your Hero because the game has just began.
    * Techtree - Requirements Any Alter.
    * Techtree - Requirements - Tier 2 Any Tier 2 hall, Any Alter.
    * Techtree - Requirements - Tier 3 Any Tier 3 hall, Any Alter.

Next you need to alter the gameplay constants to restrict heroes to 1 per player.

* Click Advanced, Gameplay Constants from the menu tab.
    * Check the box at the top that says 'Use Custom Gameplay Constants'.
    * Find 'Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Alter'. Leave as is if you STILL want the Altar to be your building.
    * Find 'Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Hero'. This controls which units count when restricting heroes. Clear all heroes already on the list. Add your Hero (and any other Hero you might make later on)
    * Click 'OK'.

Now, that should do it. Save, test it again and let me know if it's working for you.
    Last edited by Aemirch; 15-04-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Izadorcas - retired

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Truality View Post
    Now, that should do it. Save, test it again and let me know if it's working for you.
    It didn't work :S

A person told me to do this:
    "1. Set Events to Map Initialization
    2. Under Actions, select Player Group and change nothing else (it should automatically set to Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)), if it didn't, change it.
    3. Under Loop - Actions, select Player.
    4. Go to "Limit training of Unit-Type" within Player and change "Triggering Unit" to "Custom Tinker Hero" (or whatever your Hero's name is).
    5. Change "Player 1(Red)" to "Picked Player" (from dropdown)."

But i got stcuk here:
    This is where I am...
    I'm at the menu of triggering unit...
    Where I'm at...

Then what? I'm lost right here XD

I don't see why it didn't work :S

But what you have to do about your friend's method, is to simply choose one of the units below. You see the list of units that appear BELOW the "(Triggering Unit)"? Your Tinker Hero is out there somewhere. Choose it and press 'OK'. (if you created a new unit in the Object Editor, then your unit must be under the 'Custom' folder).
    Izadorcas - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Truality View Post
    I don't see why it didn't work :S

But what you have to do about your friend's method, is to simply choose one of the units below. You see the list of units that appear BELOW the "(Triggering Unit)"? Your Tinker Hero is out there somewhere. Choose it and press 'OK'. (if you created a new unit in the Object Editor, then your unit must be under the 'Custom' folder).
    Damn... That what i was doing...
    Like this? (Ofc my Hero is on the custom sections, but is it like this)?

If it is, it isn't working :'(

EDIT: Damn!! XD It is finnaly working... In a blow of HOPE I selected my Custom Hero as you said ( and as I did before ), meaning it didn't change anything, it was only a last strike of hope and it worked lol...

Jesus, I thank you so much the welcomings and for all your time invested on this!! I really thank you!!
    Last edited by terashi; 16-04-2011 at 02:26 PM.

No problem. The fact that it worked the second time means you must've been doing something wrong in the process. Glad it worked, hope you stay around the forums and participate more!
    Izadorcas - retired